cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Data stores in Xi?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

How the data in SAP-Xi stores and where?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Data are stored in the Database and the sap supports the following database..

· Oracle

· MS SQL Server

· IBM DB2 Universal Database for UNIX and Windows

· SAP liveCache

· MySQL Max DB

· IBM DB2 Universal Database for z/OS

· IBM DB2 Universal Database for iSeries

· IBM Informix

Regards

Santhosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the database like Oracle. This is configured during the installation of XI.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek ,

r u sure that XI has a database. I dont think so. I contains only the structures and it just carries the data.it might be having some temporary storage. actually Im not clear about this. can u make me clear.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Xi has its database. At the installation time it asks for the database to be used.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.can we use a third party data base for it.or do we need to use SAP. will the strutures that we design in repository gets created in the database. and the data that carried by those messages gets stored in that data base.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we are getting a little confused here. Let me answer this qn from my view point. For PI 7.0 atleast. We are using Usage Type PI. So technically it sits on top of ECC. So ECC has a database which could be Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server. When data is send to ECC ist gets updated into the corresponding database. In the db there are different types of tables, like for ABAP and JAVA. So when the corresponding data is being fed into SAP, it goes and updates against the db tables. So even in PI also, the same fashion is being followed. Even more than that I assume that since there is no place to data to be saved in SAP as a whole, db is the only place in which data can be stored. This strengthens my opinion to a level. Now, I am not sure abt the contents of Cache, but to my level of thinking, Cache is a short term memory configuration that is used for storing data. I would like to draw a comparison to log files of db's. Likewise, eventually the contents would also be updated against the db tables. This is my view point and it is by no means exhaustive, So please feel free to pitch new ideas if any,

Thanks

Visakh