cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Model Binding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a huge custom Application already in place which I have to modify. There is a Component Controller(CC) which has a model node mapped from the model. This model node is in turn mapped to a Vew and Interface controller.

The model node has an Input node called ZINPUT (Import parameter for RFC) which is binded to a Form UI elements on the View. Now I noticed that there is one field 'calYear' which is present in the model and not mapped to the ZINPUT model node of the CC. Mightbe, the developer who mapped the nodes, didnt require CalYear from the model.

<u>My Question:</u>

When I do an 'Edit Model Binding' from the CC and try to also map CalYear within ZINPUT from the model, will it affect my existing bindings of ZINPUT fields with the View UI elements ? Do I need to do the re-binding process again for all the UI elements in the View.

I am not sure of this, so I am unable to edit the mappings at CC.

Suggestions please

Rgrds,

Gandolf S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the context menu for the model node , choose Edit Model Binding n do d required changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. But my question was - will it affect my existing bindings of ZINPUT fields with the View UI elements ? Do i need to do a re-binding again with UI elemtns after this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont think so

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kanwalpreet, this is a big piece of code. I dont want to risk redoing things if the binding goes off after I do the mapping of that single field again. I hope you understand my concern!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandolf,

It won't affect any other binding of yours as this is a new context that was not mapped and binded before and thus will behave independently without affecting any other bindings.

You have to re-import model only if you have made any changes in your RFC. But as per your explanation this context was already present and developer just missed out the mapping and thus there would be no need re-import model in your case.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

u ll not hv 2 redo ne thing....there will b no changes 2 d binding..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

Yes, as you said, There is no need to reimport the model as this context is avaliable in the model. It was just not mapped to the CC. Thanks a lot. Will try it out and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I fixed it and didnt coz any probs for me!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandolf

1) Reimport the Model

2) Existing FORM WILL NOT BE DISTURBED

3) Just insert a new UI Element and bind the newly added field to the newly created UI Element

Regards

Chaitanya.A