cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI-A/C doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I removed Det cost for my item category,VPRS is not picked in SO.

But when i do PGI-A/c doc cost is getting calculated and posted?

Any other reasons for this?How A/C is picking values.

A/c doc posts COGS into inventory.

Any ideas?

Reg

Shan1242

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnt exactly understand your issue, but i can tell few points on this.

1. VPRS is determined when you activate Determine Cost at Item category level.

2. At the time of PGI system pick the value from the Material master record of account tab either standard or moving average price.

3. Based on the value maintained in MM, system do GL posting from OBYC of GBB through account modifier VSX.

Rewards If it helps.

Rgds

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gautam,

thanks for your reply, in my item cat i unchecked "dete cost" hence in my SO VPRS was not picked, but in my a/c doc some value may be cost got updated in G/L how come?

In my mat master mov avg price was maintained.

Hope its clear..

Reg

Shan1242

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your pricing procedure,

1. Check against VPRS condition weather you maintained Subtotal as B

2. Check in Requirement coloumn maintained as 16.

3. In Item category Determine cost should be active.

Rgds

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gautam,

Looks like u misunderstood my question, my question is when VPRS is not picked in SO, how cost is getting updated PGI-A/c doc?

Reg

Shan1242

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shan,

Unless you maintained the value in Material master system not create any document when you PGI, generally system picks the value from material master and not from the pricing screen. And also as seen closely your issue VPRS not pick the Moving average price and its only relevent if you maintain standard price. Check with material master and maintain Standard price to material and again check in sales order weather its picking or not.

As my understanding VPRS is only relevent for Standard Price not for Moving average price.

If helpful plz give rewards

Rgds

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you mean to say that VPRS is not relevant for mat doc?

If in MMR mov avgprice or stand price maitained, while doing PGI program picks up cost(qty *price from MMR) and updates in G/L a/c?

Reg

Shan1242

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, at the time of PGI system only see any value maintained in MMR or not and it not check weather its Moving average or Standard. This is basically company to company requirement how to take you material valuation.

Might you got some understanding of my answer.

Rewards if it help

Rgds

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

So VPRS is only for statistical reference?

Actually why i got this doubt was in one my SO/PGI-Mat doc cost was not updated its coming as Zero.

in MMR Stand cost was maintained and no changes since one year..

any idea what are the possible cuases for this?

Reg

Shan1242

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here two reasons, weather in your company costing module is implemented if implemented then in transaction CK40N required to valid from and to dates for the material costing, then system only update the value upto today after that it takes as zero, if costing module is not implemented then system shoudl take by default the value from MMR and still system is not updating the value then check movement type configs.

Rgds

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

thanks for your support. Issue is resolved.Issue with CK40N as u suggested.

Have a nice day.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any clues?