cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to add external Library DC to public part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I want to use an external jar file in my project. So I have made an external Library DC. I copied the jar file into the library folder and add it to the public part. After that I build (Development Component --> Build) the DC.

In the next step I want use the jar File in a Web Modul DC. So I want to put this public part into the used DC part in my Web Modul DC. But I couldn`t see the library Modul in the Active and Inactive View.

Can anybody help me?

Kind regards

Axel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check this

bit more

let me know u need any further info

bvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you read this blog carefully,I think you will resolve you problem.

/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2008/05/05/how-to-use-external-libraries-in-the-sap-component-model-part-i

/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2008/05/05/how-to-use-external-libraries-in-the-sap-component-model-part-ii

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing is not mentioned in this blog...

is that u will have to add references to used libraries in Application-j2ee-engine.xml of EAR for ur web module.

and then it worked....!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Axel.

Select the external Library DC in the left panel,then select the "Public Parts" tab bar in the right panel,click the "add..." button,input the name,and the "purpose" drop down list you select the purpose of you public parts(assembliy,complation,INFRASTRUCTURE).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create a DC of type "ExternalLibrary".

2. Expand the project in packageExlorer.

Create a Folder "Libraries".

Copy the .jar file under this directory.

3.Right click on the jar file and select "development Component" and select "Addto Publicpart".

4. You need to create two parts .One is "Assembly" and other is "Compilation".

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to add this assembly and compilation part separately

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Got this thread from SDN.Hope it might help you.

Regards,

Guru