cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend System Type In Table BBP_BACKEND_DEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an SRM 5.0 system configured as extended classic communicating with an ECC6 ERP system.

While debugging some service po replication issues to the backend ERP system, I discovered that in the SRM system in the BBP_BACKEND_DEST table, our backend system is defined as R/3_4.70 type. One of the things this setting dictates is what functions are called in SRM system when creating the PO in the backend system.

My questions are,

1) Should the setting be ERP2 or R/3_4.70?

2) What are implications of changing the setting to the correct value post go live?

Thanks,

Jerry Martinek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The setting should be ERP2 for ECC 6.0 R/3 backend system.This particlarly affects the Function modules/BAPI's which are called while replication of docs e.g. For PO ,whether to call BAPI_PO_CREATE(For R/3 4.7)/BAPI_PO_CREATE1(For ECC ) in the connected R/3 system and acc this might affect the system behaviour.

HTH

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thank you for answering my questions and confirming my suspicion regarding the backend type definition.

Any idea as to what type of impacts one could expect if one switches to the ERP2 setting? Is there a recommended approach for this?

Thanks,

Jerry Martinek

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ERP2.0.

Just change it : you should nnot have any side effect.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look in table BBP_FUNCTION_MAP, you'll see differences on FM called depending on Backend syst. Type

Hope it helps.

Vadim

Answers (0)