Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 Vs BW 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

!) In BW 3.5 there is a an option to link the info provider to the custom authorization object( built using the authorization relavent info object say coscenter) so that when we we execute a query built from the infoprovider, it checks for the custom authorization object and displays only the authorized values.

2) Now if i there is another query (built from another infoprovider) in which the authorization relavent infoobject is used but we don't want the custom authorization to be checked then we do not link the infoprovider to the custom authorization object. And when the query is executed no authority check takes place against the custom authoirzation object.

How can we achieve this scenario in BI 7.0 in which there is no concept of custom authorization object. Once the info object is marked as authorization relavent and used in a query , the authority for that info object is always checked .

What should I do if i do not want to implement info object security on an info object that is used in a particular query.

Thanks.

Narsing.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Bi7.0, when you define an analysis Authorizations you should insert an special authorization with a InfoObject 0TCAIPROV; where you can include to particular InfoProviders. As long as there is no access to the InfoProvider it does not make sense to spend time on the analysis of other details of the authorizations.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there an option to include the query also in the analysis authorization just like we insert infoprovider so that my info object level security applies only for that query.