cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Entered Value Is Not on the List of Valid Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a Web Dynpro for ABAP application, there is a button with some action created and an input field, which is mapped to the context attribute of type SFLTRIP-CLASS. Here are the values for the attribute when creating it using the wizard.

Attribute Name = CLASS

Type Assignment = Type

Type = SFLTRIP-CLASS

The following will have to be manually edited:

Input Help Mode = Automatic

Once done, the following properties will be displayed.

Determined Input Help = S_CLASS

Type of Input Help = Fixed values of domains

When the application is executed, the CLASS field has an input value list of three values (C, F, and Y).

Enter an invalid value and click the button. The error "The Entered Value Is Not on the List of Valid Values." will be displayed. Now, if you clear the input field then click the button again, the error continues to stay on the screen. Only when a valid value is selected, the error will disappear.

This field is optional so how can we not get the error when the input field is blank? What steps are recommended?

Thanks,

Monica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Monica,

Change the "Action Type" of the button action to '1' (Validation-independent).

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I have changed the button's Action Type to "Validation-Indepedent" per your suggestion, but the error still exist. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica!

I think you need a fourth valid input blank for class to get rid of the error.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks for your reply. Prior to posting the forum question, we had tested adding a blank value to the Extended Value Selector/List. However, we felt that this was a workaround rather than a solution so therefore posted this forum question.

Is this behavior normal for a Extended Value Selector/List or a bug? Are there other options?

Thanks,

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica!

This behaviour is normal and okay (by the way: as it is okay in almost all applications) and it's up to you whether you accept an empty value or not. It depends on your scenario. If you tell me more details about your concrete scenario and what has to happen when then I may "generate" another idea to help to solve your issue ....

I am an SAP technology senior consultant and the most popular answer of such kind of persons is (as you may know): "It depends ..."

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

My first posting describes how to re-create the problem. It uses the SFLTRIP table and the CLASS field.

When the application is loaded for the first time, no value had been entered in the CLASS field. Then a button is clicked and no error occurs.

However, if I enter an invalid value (other than C, F, or Y), the error "The Entered Value Is Not on the List of Valid Values." occurs after I clicked the button. The error remains even if I clear out the invalid entry and click the button again.

Both scenarios make a server roundtrip, but the action after first loading of the application with the blank does not produce the error. Repeat of the action do produce the error.

This behavior seems inconsistent. Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica!

Of course this sounds strange ... Did you already try to clear the message queue? Maybe the error message only "survives" because noone deletes it from the message queue ... and the only challenge you have is that the message does not disappear although problem is gone ...

If the problem persists although you clear the message queue I would recommend you to open a CSN call at SAP ... if I would be onsite and could see your issue and the appropriate coding I maybe would have better ideas ...

By the way: What's the Support Package Level your are working on (SAP_ABA and SAP_BASIS)?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Is the "message queue" in reference to the Message Manager? The error does not seem to be captured in the Message Manager. If you are not referring to that, can you please elaborate on what the "message queue" is?

Our system: SAP_ABA and SAP_BASIS is on Release: 700, Level: 0012.

Thanks!

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica!

If the message is not handled by the message manager then this seems to be a bug. Did you try to invalidate the context node and to recreate it from scratch (e.g. in WDDOMODIFYVEW)? If this does not help either I think it will be the best for you to open a CSN call at SAP, because this behaviour indeed is strange ...

I am very sorry not having another solution/answer for you ...

Regards

Volker