Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in new Module (Trace)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts:

This is the challenging question for you guys, I guys can answer it will be appreciated.

Module is FSCD:

Trans is FPP1 (create business partner)

We are not supposed to assign to this trans in Config client, SO I didn't assign this trans in my role I created a specific Config Role for this module everything is working fine but some reason Config users can go in to FPP1 but in the middle they error so they can't execute this trans because it never been assign to any role at all, and also I checked all the authorization Object which link to this tcode it not in my role but I don't understand how they even get to in the middle but not completely.

Can anyone please tell me how to do trace from st01, when turn the trace on then how do I check for the specific user who got was able to ran this tcode and can’t execute it the place then he had some kind of user errors.

Please help me on this

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Use TCODE:- ST01.

2.In Trace Components, select Authorization Check. From menu, choose edit-> filter and complete with the users and/or transaction need to be traced.

3. From menu, choose edit->write options, select write to disk/write to database.

4. Set the trace on.

5. Ask the user to login and use FPP1 tcode.

6. set the Trace off. List the file and Analyse.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Sudhan Shan

0 Kudos

Actually you just need to turn on the trace just before the user executes the tcode FPP1. Turn off the trace once they are stopped. When you are running your analysis, enter the user's id and remember you may need to change the "from and to" time. Although SAP defaults the times of the trace I have found that I may need to adjust these times slightly to capture all of the information.

0 Kudos

Thanks so much bro,

I was so busy I couldn't reply back to you , I have been busy doing something else but I still can't figure it out why is it happening it shluldn't be happening anyway, I got another question for you

can you please tell me how to do compare users if you want to do once I know there is transactions called PFUD but I never use it for this puspose, If you can give me step by step nevigation it will be really helpful for me

Thanks