cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error trying to read UDC log in xMII 11.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am having problems with a connection to a PI database.

In the PI UDS i have set the debug = true and i am trying to read the UDC log, but i can't retrieve any data.

I get the following error message:

***********************************************************************************************

Failed [3] retry attempts! com.lighthammer.Illuminator.logging.LHException: Failed [3] retry attempts! at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.logging.ErrorHandler.handleError(ErrorHandler.java:48) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.tools.lisa.DataReaderHelper.handleFatalError(DataReaderHelper.java:46) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.tools.lisa.DataReader.read(DataReader.java:55) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.connectors.UDC.UDCQuery.doQuery(UDCQuery.java:114) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.connectors.UDC.UDC.processRequest(UDC.java:94) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.services.handlers.IlluminatorService.processRequest(IlluminatorService.java:56) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.services.ServiceManager.runQuery(ServiceManager.java:49) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.servlet.Illuminator.service(Illuminator.java:58) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forwardServlet(SERequestDispatcher.java:638) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forward(SERequestDispatcher.java:236) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.internalForward(SERequestDispatcher.java:283) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SEFilterChain.doFilter(SEFilterChain.java:96) at com.lighthammer.cms.system.CMSFilter.doFilter(CMSFilter.java:118) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SEFilterChain.doFilter(SEFilterChain.java:60) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.filterApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java:2159) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java:1823) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostInfo.java:937) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:1091) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:973) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.processServletRequest(ServletExecService.java:167) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.Run(ServletExecService.java:204) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.HttpServerRequest.run(HttpServerRequest.java:487)

***********************************************************************************************

What is causing this problem?

System specs:

xMII 11.5 SR1

PI UDS 2.5

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

It would appear that the PI UDS AutoRetry settings are enabled and you have query activity against the associated Data Server during a time that the PI server is unavailable (possibly during a nightly backup routine?). The AutoRetry, AutoRetryCount, AutoRetryInterval, and AutoRetryConnect are available for you to configure accordingly in the UDS Admin console.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting this error even though i can use a tag query to retrieve data form the PI database. So i dont think it is because the PI server is unavailable.

The settings for the UDS are set as follows:

AutoRetry = true

AutoRetryCount = 3

AutoRetryInterval = 15

AutoRetryConnect = true

I am getting this error even though i can use a tag query to retrieve data form the PI database.

Shouldn't i be able to read the UDC log regardless of whether i have a working PI connection?

Best regards

Daniel

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you should be able to access the log even when PI is not available for query, I was merely trying to explain what the error message indicated.

Were you using the UDC or General log viewer to access the logs? If you need to access the physical log files they should be in C:\Program Files\SAP\xMII\UDS\Logs (or equivalent) on the machine running the UDS Admin.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the UDC log viewer, but it was the general log that supplied the error message in the initial post.

I cannot find any physical files. My path looks like this: "\Program Files\Lighthammer CMS\Data Servers\Logs\", but the folder is empty.

Are there any steps needed to initialize the UDC log?

Regards

Daniel