cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect time of CCMS alerts, alerts getting delayed by more than a day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have SOLMAN 4.0 and configured the autoreaction method for alert on e-mail centrally on SOLMAN for a client in DEV(100). The configuration is correct and we are able to receive the CCMS alerts, however, the alerts are getting delayed by more than a day. Alerts are getting generated every 3-5 minutes and in the central autoreaction method zCCMS_OnAlert_Email_Central i have added a parameter TIME_ZONE and gave the value as PST as our servers are all on PST.

The following is an example of the alert that I received:

ALERT for DEV \ Workload Collector \ Workload Collector Frame \ Collectorframe Messages at 20070910 215114 ( Time in UTC )

System: DEV at 20070910 145114 ( Time in PST ) RED CCMS alert for monitored object Collectorframe Messages Alert Text:Determination of component from SCR failed System:DEV Segment:SAP_CCMS_e47dev_DEV_00 MTE:DEV\Workload Collector\Workload Collector Frame\Collectorframe Messages Client:000 User:DDIC

Severity: 0

I received the above alert at 15:45 after changing the "set wait time" to 15:30. However, in Tx. SOST, this alert was supposed to reach at 23:52 on 2007 09 10 which is like almost a day to receive the alert?

Is this any configuration issue? The job which was scheduled to run every 3 minutes in SCOT to send e-mails is running fine without any delay.

Please help me!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi All,

> We have SOLMAN 4.0 and configured the autoreaction

> method for alert on e-mail centrally on SOLMAN for a

> client in DEV(100). The configuration is correct and

> we are able to receive the CCMS alerts, however, the

> alerts are getting delayed by more than a day. Alerts

> are getting generated every 3-5 minutes and in the

> central autoreaction method

> zCCMS_OnAlert_Email_Central i have added a parameter

> TIME_ZONE and gave the value as PST as our servers

> are all on PST.

>

> The following is an example of the alert that I

> received:

>

> ALERT for DEV \ Workload Collector \ Workload

> Collector Frame \ Collectorframe Messages at 20070910

> 215114 ( Time in UTC )

> System: DEV at 20070910 145114 ( Time in PST ) RED

> CCMS alert for monitored object Collectorframe

> Messages Alert Text:Determination of component from

> SCR failed System:DEV Segment:SAP_CCMS_e47dev_DEV_00

> MTE:DEV\Workload Collector\Workload Collector

> Frame\Collectorframe Messages Client:000 User:DDIC

> Severity: 0

>

> I received the above alert at 15:45 after changing

> the "set wait time" to 15:30. However, in Tx. SOST,

> this alert was supposed to reach at 23:52 on 2007 09

> 10 which is like almost a day to receive the alert?

>

> Is this any configuration issue? The job which was

> scheduled to run every 3 minutes in SCOT to send

> e-mails is running fine without any delay.

>

> Please help me!!!

Any ideas on the above issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravinder,

I was curious if you found a solution to your problem? I am trying to troubleshoot the same problem with our Solution Manager (4.0), where the alert emails are always delayed, taking up to a day to receive them.

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank god!! Atlast I could see someone replied to my thread!!

Please read the Note 1015628 - Documents with status 'Send time is not yet reached'

I have found some clue and have not established it completely. Please let me know if you get any update on this.

Thanks

Ravinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

While reviewing the alerts, I found our problem also included alerts being received that show the alert was sent PRIOR to the event even occuring.

In light of that, I am running through a series of checks throughout the system to see where timezones may be out of synch ...

1) Run the Time Diagnostic program on your SAP server (rsdbtime)

2) Check the timezone of the server (i.e. Windows or Unix) that your Solution Manager is running on

3) Check the SAP system timezone

4) Timezone of the User ID defined as the "sender" of the email - time of user and time of System Time

Have you checked all of this yet? I believe that # 4 may be the culprit, at least in our case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joyce,

Let me explain. Yes, you are right! Way back, I found out that the culprit was the time zone of the user, however, which user are you talking about?

In my case:

The auto reaction method, in its parameters tab has PST as the time zone and my Solution manager user id for the Sender parameter.

The receipient parameter has my outlook e-mail address which is the same e-mail address that I have in the E-mail entry of the Address tab in SU01 of solution manager.

In SU01, under defaults tab, I have checked the time zone of my id and is set to PST. Just under it, we have the time-zone of the system as CET.

So, my problem is that my user id which has PST has time zone does not sync with the system time-zone which is CET which is almost 9 hours different.

So, how do I change my System Time Zone. By system time zone I mean SAP time Zone which is shown under System Time Zone entry in System Status?

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) The User ID I was talking about is the user that serves as the "sender" of the mail. For example, if you look in SOST, and you see the column, "SENDER", what is the name of the user for all of the CCMS alerts? In our system, it is named SMN_MAIL.

2) Ah, yes, I can tell you where to make the change! Go to transaction STZAC to change the timezone for the entire system. CET is default, but you may change it accordingly. For example, I changed the system timezone to PST, which is our correct timezone.

After you logoff and back in again, go back to SU01, under defaults tab, and you will see the timezone of the system and of the user are both now set to PST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANK YOU:-)

My problem is solved. Can I have your number or could you send it across to rreddy@enpointe.com

I will call you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I am very happy that this is working for you now! Congratulations!

(I also sent you email separately.)

Answers (0)