cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GI reversal taking place automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a strange phenomenon that a few deliveries which are GI'd are automatically getting that GI reversed when we check a few hours later. However, this reversal does not show up in the document flow and we are not aware of any job that could be causing this.

Looking deeper into it today, we found that the FI document of such a GI (FB03) did not create a General ledger view. In fact, when we enter the FB03 screen, it displayes the message below. The MB03 document exists and all its entries seem to be correct.

The entry exists only in BKPF, not in BSEG which probably is due to the same reason that ther eis no General ledger view - what do we need to check here? It obviously did not error out whicle posting to accounting with any error like G/L not found etc. and continued to create the BKPF entry. After this GI happens (manually done - all our GI's are manually done) the status of the delivery does change to C for Goods issued but a few hours later, reverses itself to A. No change logs exist for either the GI or the reversal...eithe rin VL03N or in VL22.

The only difference I see is no entry in BSEG which leads me to think it might be a FI issue too.

Appreciate any ideas/ leads?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

as per info....I think, GI issue and reversal of GI effecs the movement of goods. check with the item category and schedule line for the sales order.

My view is on shcedule line maintenance.

Go to VOV6, select the relevant schedule line and check movement type & movement type I step.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

It is the std. mvt type 601 with sch line CP for a standard item TAN - thousands of deliveries are fine, just a handful of them are behaving like this i.e. gets PGI'd which reverses automatically w/o a trace and no mention in the change logs. The message when looking the FI document is F5A 40

Thanks.

Answers (0)