cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication Error : XML file cannot be displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Currently while trying to syndicate we get the message syndication failed and i nthe destination preview we get the following error :

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

-

Element was not closed. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/aoe/Local Settings/Temp/thf55F.tmp'. ...

<DEBMDM06><IDOC BEGIN="1"><E1KNA1M SEGMENT="1"><MSGFN>005</MSGFN><KUNNR>0001000007</K...

Has anyone faced this issue before ? Any help is welcome .

Regards,

Anita George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Anita,

can you open the fsource file ? (IDOC-XML)

in IE or firefox ?

>>>Element was not closed

usually means that one of the XML's tags is not closed so it's not valid

check the error in IE it should point to the unclosed element

and then check it in notepad

the second way would be to open the source file

in any XML editor - altova, stylustudio etc.

they should also point to an XML error

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Am not able to open the source file in the IE , but in notepad when I open the file I notice that it is has an pen ADSMTP tag and after that it doesn´t seem to be able to pick up the required sata or close the ADRMAS, IDOC, KNA1 and DEBMDM06 tags.

If I modify the file in notepad and close the required tags, even then the same error persists, unfortunately the same problem seems to occur with all maps i nthis system.

Any inputs ?

Regards,

Anita

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

did you change anything within your MDM repository? New/changed fields? New/changed XSDs?

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Michael, I had done changes to my repository structure and imported that schema from test system to the production , but this was done sometime ago and there was no porblem syndicating soon after, however this issue has cropped up form yesterday. While archiving this repository at present it says that the repository contains warnings. Regards,Anita

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

there are a couple of things you can do then.

1) Run "verify check" & "verify repair" on the respository. It can be possible that those warning are the reason for the syndication issue. "Verify check" will show you the reasons for the warnings. Analyze the report and decide afterwards to "verify repair" your repository, or not.

2) Syndicator as well as Import Manager use internal field IDs to store the field mapping. If you change your repository, e.g. if you delete or add fields, those fields will have different internal IDs as stored in the map. This can be an additional explaination for your issues. The way to solve this is to repair the Map or to create a new syndication map from scratch.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you for all your help , after running the verify check i see that the warning number 1329 is obtained because table A2i_127 needs compacting IdMax =253 Idcount =148). How do I find out which table this is and basically what is to be done to compact this table ?

Meanwhile as suggested I will try to create the map from scratch .

Thanks & Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you for all your help , after running the verify check i see that the warning number 1329 is obtained because table A2i_127 needs compacting IdMax =253 Idcount =148). How do I find out which table this is and basically what is to be done to compact this table ?

Meanwhile as suggested I will try to create the map from scratch .

Thanks & Regards,

Anita

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

I think in this case you can do a "verify repair" which will compact and reset the ID values automatically. This is betther than a manual interaction on database level.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

The Verify Repair did not remove the warning on compacting the particualr table, it states that the Compact Repository option is to be used - is it ok to run this ?

Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Did create a copy of the existing repository & compacted the same without issues.

Also ran the verify check, and it did not throw up any errors after compacting.

However , am not able to syndicate succesfully from the port.

Regards,

Anita

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

yes, compacting the repository shouldn't do any harm. If this does not help, then the issue seems to be related to the syndication map itself. Did you try a new map?

BR Michael