cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form Error: Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized. The request...

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to run an Adobe Form webdynpro app, I am receiving the following error:

<b>Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized. The requested URL was:"http://localhost:50000/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=document"</b>

I have checked the ADS test at <server:port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config; the test did return the version number.

<i><b>Does anyone have any other ideas of what I should check?</b></i>

Also, why is it running a url with "localhost" in it? If this is running on the java was server, then I guess that could make sense. But if the url request is requesting something from localhost, isn't that my computer? I guess it depends on if this is a server request or a client request. I hope this is a server request.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Just check ur nwds is connected to which server.Go to window->prefferences-> sap j2ee engine & check.I think u r using ur local server installed on ur system only.

Apart from that u get the unauthorized error ,when ur user is not added to ADS callers group.Go to visual admin->services->security provider->policy configuration.In that select com.adobe\AdobeDocumentServices"AdobeDocumentServicesAssembly.jar".Enable the edit mode.In the right side select the "security roles" tab.Select the ADSCallers there & add ur user in that.

For checking this configuration,go to http//<server>:<port>/wsnavigator.There u will find the AdobeDocumentServices webservice.test that ,if its working for ur user,ur configuration is ok.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit -

First, I think config is okay. I can run the web service under my id okay.

Second, I am not sure what the impact is having the build done locally.

I am building and deploying locally in NWDS to my local portal. But then I am sending the EAR file to the system admin to deploy to my dev server (I am doing this because they will not give out the SDM password. And, I am waiting on the NWDI setup to be complete; when that is complete I will let NWDI deploy to the dev portal.)

Incidentally, I am receiving this error on the dev server, not my local portal. (I have tried running on my local portal, but I am getting a socket timeout error. But this is interesting, because I <i>can</i> run other webdynpro non-Adobe apps. I am not tracking down this error at this point because I am really just interested in the dev server. If I get past the 401 error on the dev server, and then get the socket timout issue...then I will worry about it.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Did you find a solution for this problem.. I am also facing it.

Thanks