cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Mapping - 'Response' tab missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In the interface mapping creating a new IM. Can see the "Request" tab, but the "Response" tab in not visible in the screen. Shouldn't this be an available option or do i need to activate it anywhere??

regards,

Manpreet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manpreet,

As said by Suraj,you need to construct two sync interfaces : one pertaining to the request and the other response.Then construct a two mappings for the request and the response.

Finally while creating the interface mapping you will get both the tabs.

regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manpreet,

The Response TAB is visible when you are doing a <i>'Synchronous Scenario'</i>,

In a Sycnhronous scenario you create your message interfaces as Synchronous Interfaces i.e. the message delivery is 'Best Effort' and not Exactly once.

While performing interface mapping in a Synchronous Scenario you get the <i>Response</i> TAB.

I hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun/Priyanka,

Thanks for your inputs as well.

regards,

Manpreet

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manpreet,

If you are doing Interface Mapping between two Synchronous Interface, then only the <b>Response tab</b> will be visible. If both or any one of the interface is Asynchronous then only the <b>Request tab</b> will be visible.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suraj,

Thanks for the reply. I was actually following this weblog by Arpit.

RFC Scenario using BPM - Starter Kit

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

In his screenshots for Interface Mapping, both the tabs are visible when he describes the request and response mapping. That caused some confusion.

regards,

Manpreet

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manpreet,

One of his interface (FileDetails_Sync_AI) is synchronous and the other is a RFC(BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL). And RFC is synchronous.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Interface mapping is having both Request and Response tabs becoz the <b>Sender interface</b>(FileDetails_Sync_AI) which i am including is <b>Synchronous</b> one as well as the reciever side is RFC(BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL)(which is synchronous).

Hope it help u to understand.

Reagrds

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arpit,

A little confused. So from all the message interface that i have defined (as per your weblog), which ones would i use in Interface Mapping. The "FileDetails_Sync_AI" interface does not seem to be part of your weblog message interfaces.

Basically how would i proceed after i have defined all the message interfaces.

regards,

Manpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arpit,

Sorry about that. Figured it out - was actually using the wrong interface. Thanks for your help.

Manpreet