cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg MAM on I-Safe HH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented MI 2.5 on Intrinsically Safe Handhelds (Irox620) with Windows Mobile 5 as its OS and 128 MB Ram and 64MB ROM.

As the implementation is taking place in a very Explosive sensitive Environment it compels use of I-Safe HH.

But with the hit on the performance plus bulkiness of the equipment we plan to shift to other HH Options.

Are their any other lightweight SAP Certified+ISAFe HH ?

IF you have any recommendations regarding this please suggest.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we had pretty much the same issue like you. Our client is StatoilHydro in Norway. We first used IROC620 device, but one one hand they constantly lost the EX certificate and on the other hand the device had real problems in stability. The alignment of the cursor got lost at more then 50% of the devices.

We now went for Bartex MC9090ex-G devices. They are available in different Formfactors and it to me they are a little easierto carry. Unfortunately they are still not as small as normal PDAs now, but I think this is the price for ex approval.

I think Bartec is the same like Intermec.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP does not certify Handheld devices (like the one you have mentioned) to be used for MI Client. MI Client only relies on the OS rather than on which hardware it resides though there are few restrictions like there is no support for CE or CE.NET based OS platforms and restrictions on PDA with Phone Edition and so on. Hope you have referred through the Product Availability Matrix for MI available at http://service.sap.com/nw-mi

Navigate to MI in Detail -> Product Availability Matrix->Product Availability Matrix NW2004s Mobile Infrastructure.

Just FYI... few of our customers use devices like Intermec CN3 and other models or Symbol devices and these are rigid devices and may be used in the landscape you have described.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar