cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI triggers an event in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Does anybody of you know the necessary steps to make the XI trigger an event in SAP R3??

I have a file to file scenario and i would like XI to trigger a function in R3 once the file is delivered in any target folder. I think the best way is using events but not pretty sure.

Aditionally, R3 runs over SunOS and so XI.

Any clues?

Best regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Check out this blog.,..

/people/krishnakumar.ramamoorthy3/blog/2007/04/12/xi--event-based-message-triggering-with-dependencies

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

What i really want is that once the file is posted in SAP, XI will be able to activate an event in SAP in order to start a function taht will process the file in the propper way.

Do you know how to configure that?

Thanx a lot in advance and kind regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I am just trying to understand your requierement..You mean to say you want to post the data using function module ( RFC / BAPI) to post incoming data which is coming from XI?

In that case you can write a proxy code at inbound side and call function to process/post data...

Or is it requirement(mandatory) to create file on SAP side?

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

I want to post a file in R3 via FTP receiver adapter and afterwards, i would like XI to activate an event in order to start a program (in R3) that will handle the file XI posted.

This is because not all the days the file will be posted in SAP at the same time.

Does it clarify your understanding?

Best regards,

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Do you really need this data in a file format on inbound side? You don't need events, you can create a scenario File to ABAP proxy and call the program to handle this data, it's pretty easy

<i>This is because not all the days the file will be posted in SAP at the same time.</i>

You don't need to care about it, because the program only runs when a message (file) arrives your SAP ERP.

If you need help with ABAP proxy, let me know

Cheers,

Ricardo.

Message was edited by:

Ricardo Quintino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could use BPM for this process.

Basically, when the file is delivered successfully, the next step would be to call an ABAP proxy in R/3 which would trigger the desired event.

I think there is a function module in R/3 to raise an event but I have no access to a SAP system to find this out.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I would prefer FILE to FILE because i have no mappings, here XI is working as a FTP server, it takes a .txt file from a system and posts it in SAP without changing its content. Can this be made using FILE to ABAP?? and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,

David

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can post data to R/3 either by

1. IDoc

2. RFC/BAPI

3. Proxy.

U cant directly post the file to R/3.

Have a look at this blog

<a href="/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies Server Proxies</a> by Siva Maranani

Regards

Santhosh

<a href=" to set the thread to solved when you have received a solution</a>

there is a Way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>Can this be made using FILE to ABAP?? and if so, how?

Yes this can be achieved. There is a standard adapter module called "PayloadSwapBean". Using this module you can swap payload as attachments or viceversa. You need to use this module in the sender side and convert the file (payload) as an attachment and send it to R/3 via ABAP Proxy. This will not require any mapping.

In the execute_asynchronous method, handle the file attachment forst and call the RFC after that.

P.S: You can get good help on how to use PayloadSwapBean" from http://help.sap.com.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes, no mapping is required.

IR - you need to create a Message Interface (inbound) with the same Message Type that you are using in Message Interface (outbound). Afterwards, go to ID and change your Receiver Determination in order to use your SAP Business System (You should have this Technical and Business Sys in your SLD, import it to ID environment. If is not there apply this blog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

Then, go to your SAP sys t-code SPROXY > Goto > Connection Test, and perform the 4 tests. You need to check if your Business System SAP ERP is configured for ABAP proxy connection with XI. If not apply this blog: How do you activate ABAP Proxies? /people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

For your developments, check this as well:

File to R/3 via ABAP Proxy

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

ABAP server Proxies

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

If you have problems, let me know

Cheers,

Ricardo.