cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMSADM RFC password wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something has happened in our system and all the TMS RFC connections are showing invalid passwords so there is no authentication between the systems. These RFC's and users are setup automatically by the system so I'm not sure how the passwords have become invalid. Does anyone have any idea's how to re-generate the RFC's and users without having to change the transport route or can I just give the users a new password without messing anything else up?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

In 4.6C if you go to STMS then systems, highlight the system, then Extras from the top menu, RESET user TMSADM. This should reset the password to the system generated one.

Can't think what would have changed the passwords though. A unicode codepage conversion would, but i guess you would know if one of them had happened.

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of my colleagues changed the licenses after the system was moved to a different customer number, we think that could have caused it.

Thanks for that do I need to do that in each system then recreate the RFC connections?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

I don't believe you'll have to recreate the RFC destinations. Resetting the TMSADM user in each of the systems should be enough.

However if you still have problems from the same Extras menu you can automatically recreate the RFC's.

From the systems screen you can also use SAP Systems -> Check option to test out your landscape.

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve,

Its strangely messed around with the RFC authorizations for each TMSADM user. It errors with - 'User TMSADM has no RFC authorizations for function group SYST'

Were having to redo the RFC authorizations in each system!

Answers (0)