cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting the visibility of Dataview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone assist me in restricting the visibility of dataview for a specific planner in the SDP94 screen.

The problem is when a planner opens his planning book he is able to see all the data views whereas he has authorization for only one data view.

How do i ensure that he is able to view only his dataview.

I have tried the assign planners to planing book option but i cannot assign more than one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check Note 400434 (most of which comes in the help screen anyhow)

The authorization object is in

C_APO_PB : SDP planning books

ACTVT Activity (01, 02, 03, 06, 16)

APO_PLBK2 Planning book

APO_DVIEW Data view

you can restrict the DView to viewing only by using the activities for change and view. You need to state for each user the Data view they are authorized to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the authorization object C_APO_PB, i'm able to restrict the view only for planning books but not the dataviews. i have used the following auth objects:

C_APO_PB : SDP planning books

ACTVT Activity (01, 02, 03, 06, 16)

APO_PLBK2 Planning book

APO_DVIEW Data view

In our scenario, we have 3 planning books and each planning book has 20 datviews and i have assigned a single dataview from each planning book for a specific user using the above authorization objects. Even after maintaining the authorization for only one dataview for a particular user, i'm able to see all the dataviews in the SDP94 screen. How can I restrict the visibility of dataviews.

Regards,

Raj

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe APO_DVIEW is one sample Data View name that you mention. I dont think you can restrict the visibility of the view on the screen however based on the comma seperated dataview entries in the role, the assigned user should be restricted in terms of interrogating the views.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to set up authorizations at data view level based on roles defined. Can you also check the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/de/6733c99b274f2db1f5706295c42e7e/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj -

Use Assign Users to the Planning Book. This will help you in limiting the planner capability to change the data. he can only view it and can not change it.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don´t know if this is the one you had problem, but you can try /SAPAPO/SDPPLBK to assign users to a specific planning book.

Marcelo