cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode alignment / horizontal / vertical w/ sapscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I am developing a sheet of labels wearing a EAN13 Barcode. It has 56 labels (german brand, no 3668) on a sheet. one label is presented by one instance of the main window, the "First" Page consists of 56 page windows.

i put the structure into a form in sapscript and for any label on its position i do call a new window and write its contents into it. ( A Barcode of EAN and under or above the barcode i would like to see one line of text).

What happened till now?

I have copied BC_EAN13 to a ZBarcode in both a system and a printer barcode.

The barcode is printed via DIMM Module and it works. It is now 5 mm high and 35 mm wide, what should easily fit into a 52,5 * 21,2 mm label.

Problem: 1st line - barcode is truncated. if i add lines in the form as spacers, it does not move below so that i can ensure ideal positioning on the sheet.

on the label sheet there´s no border, i even tried the option baseline alignment, but it made it even worse.

So: problem is how to find exact position of the barcode on a label sheet. how to move it a little bit below, find space for one line of text and print all 56 labels on a sheet without the first line being truncated.

please also advice if the printer can not print sheets borderless (HP4350 cyrillic ´version).

thx,

br

stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know if this has any bearing on your issue, but in the past with SAPScript I have found that the positioning on the page varied between printers if I had set up the windows at positions defined in units like LN or CH.

Changing all windows so their position and size was defined in CM or MM gave a more stable result. Simply measure with ruler to get exact values to set.

It seems that LN / CH depends on the default size of characters and lines used by the printer.

With your comment about adding lines as spacers not having the right effect - check that the paragraph syle for the spacer lines is not one with "No Blank Lines" checked - this would cause the type of problem you describe.

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrew!

Since not everyone posts solution if it is solved by the people themselves, here´s my solution in case anyone is interested:

The hint was what i basically did before, lots of page windows representing one label on the sheet.

It seems that printing on the very top of the page (upper space 0 mm) and printing a barcode there could not be done by the printer,

so after i skipped the first line of labels (deleted first row of page windows) i got a much better result. i can´t use all the labels now, but it hit and therefore it works now - no more unstable positioning,

double print of same barcode in same window etc.

I hope everyone understood this rough explanation.