cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Connecting to source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to import XML file in MDM Import Manager.

I am getting following error

Logon error cannot load XML file

Error

COM error 80004005 Unspecified error

Source = msxml4.dll Description =

File:///c:/docu ............................

Incorrect definition for root element schema

Can anybody help with this.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi priti,

will u be please more elaborative about u r procedure. whether u r importing the xml file from the console or from the other database that u have created seperately.

coz if u r extracting the xml file from the seperate database u will have to give the full address for u r xml file and if it from u r console u have to select that xml file from the source side.

COM error might be coming because of the same reason coz it could not find the proper source i.e. it may be pointing towards such a location where there would be nothng to extract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

seems to be a parsing error on root node into XML file. How have you generated that file? Please, try to create correctly the XML file. Maybe some tags is missing in the internal structure.

Regards,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vito,

I have created the XML file from ALE setup.

I was trying to upload this file in MDM Import Manager.At this point I am

getting the error as "error connecting to source"

Regards,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I used Type as "XML" in MDM Import Manager , I am not getting the error whereas when I use Type as "XML Schema" I am getting the following error

-

Error Connecting to Source

-

Logon Error: Cannot load XML file.

Error:

COM error 80004005 Unspecified error

Source = msxml4.dll Description = file:///C:/DOCUME1/mdmadm/LOCALS1/Temp/2/XMLSchema%20%5B1%5D.xsd#/MATMAS05[1]

Incorrect definition for the root element in schema.

-

OK

-

Can anybody let me know what is the difference between XML and XML Schema?

Regards,

Priti

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

if you use XML Schema, Import Manager verifies the the structure of the XML file you want to load against a stored XSD (=> XML Schema Definition) of your repository. This is the recommended way to go as it ensure that you only load valid files into your MDM repository. In your case the reason for the error message is that your XML is not valid against the chosen XSD.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your message.

As you said the reason for the error message is that my XML is not valid against the chosen XSD.

I have generated the XML file from SAP R/3 with BD10 transaction to send material master using XML as the port.

This file I am trying to import in MDM Import Manager.

Can you let me know how to identify that the XML is valid against the chosen XSD.

Regards,

Priti