cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realignment-Nav attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all...i'm new to this forum and had a basic question about the Realignment process. Will realignment copy navigation attributes to the new combi? Sorry if this question sounds dumb but pls do let me know.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

an extract from the SAP SCM 4.0 help

<b>“Realigning” Navigation Attributes

Use

The normal realignment process for characteristic values is not available for navigation attributes. This is because such attributes are not included in characteristic value combinations. They “point” to a value of another characteristic. It is possible to change navigation attributes as described here.</b>

i've tried this before and i had to make manual changes for the navigation attributes.

for more clarity look into this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/61/7ade603472c447b0bb52d67391683e/frameset.htm">Link</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. The nav attributes weren't copied as you said NV but i want to program a report that can update the attributes. Do you know if there are any FM for this? Please let me know.

Regards,

Rahuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can use the FM RSDMD_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES_TEXTS for updating the attributes.

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

With my best knowledge yes realignment work for nav attributes also.

Bcoz at program level there is a flag which checks whether navigation attribute has to read or not.So If the check is there at program level means it should be possible.

Regards,

Sunitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul..welcome to the forum...

and No realignment will not copy the navigational attributes...u need to either manually fill it using RSA1 or u can have a program to fill the attributes.

hope this helps!

thanks!