cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

determine type of subsequent document during SC creation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to implement some checks in SC items with BBP_ITEM_CHECK_BADI. But checks must be different when ordering direct materials to a vendor than when asking for a reservation in backend (stockable materials) against a storage location. The product is the same in both cases but not the way the SC is created (first case normal, second using 'direct material' option).

Do you know a way to determine wheter i'm making a reservation or a PO when creating the SC?

(using SRM server 5.5 as add-on)

Cheers,

Ruben.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Yes it is quite easily possible to detremine the type of Objects created from SRM into R/3 backend ?</u>

Have you checked the <b>BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS</b> / <b>BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE</b> BADI using <u>SE18</u> Transaction ? Please read the relevant standard SAP documentation in this case before doing any coding.

<u>You can use either of the BADIs for Document checking

<b>BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI / BBP_ITEM_CHECK_BADI</b></u>

Document checks can be classified in three categories:

Checks that
1. relate to the document header,
2. relate to a single item and
3. relate to the entire document.
For performance reasons, checks of the second category (item checks) should only be carried out when:
a) a new item is created,
b) an item is changed or
c) the entire document is to be checked for consistency (triggered, for example, by choosing the pushbutton Check).

The BAdI (s. Business Add-In) BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI is suitable for checks of categories 1 and 3. In BAdI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI all the items exist but you cannot yet recognize which items have been newly created or changed. For this reason, all items must always be checked in this BAdI. For performance reasons, we therefore recommend that you use BAdI BBP_ITEM_CHECK_BADI for checks of category 2 (purely itemchecks).

Using BAdI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI, you can carry out your own checks for the document data after you have entered the user and before you save the document to the database. You cannot change any data.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Atul and thanks for the help.

I checked BADIs BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS / BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE after your suggestion. Unfortunately is not useful because they are called once the SC is ordered, and i'd need to know the subsequent doc type after ordering, in order to define some checks using BBP_ITEM_CHECK_BADI .

In SRM add-on, when i order stockable material as 'direct material' i'm shifting from classic scenario to extended classic scenario. It will generate a external procurement instead of internal (reservation). It will be enough for me to know in which scenario i am working.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

Ruben

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If SC line item subtype is EP : you are in a ECS scenario

If SC line item subtype is DP : it is direct procurement

Kind regards,

Yann