cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Server database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed MDM on my Laptop. I am using SP04 version of MDM. I have sussefully installed SQL server and it is working fine.I am able to UP server in the console also. When i am trying to unarchive the repository(a2a) file. I am geeting error not able to connect to the database.

DO any one here in the forum is aware about and have possible solution for this.

Thanks,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

To unarchive any repository that is any a2a file you must first configure your server with DBMS settings without them u cannot proceed forward and while specifing make sure u select the database and the type of database. If you donot know the server name then check on your taskbar what server is running and specify that name only if not then specifying server name as localhost will do.

Those settings u can do in console

1. mount the server

2. right click on server and select DBMS settings and then choose your type.

I hope this solves your problem

Regards

Tejas.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The points which u have mentioned in the previous reply ,I ahve already maintaine those points.

Coukd you please little more specific about the configure of server with database settings.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

1. Check wether u have created a blank database in SQL

2. Then check wether all the services related to sql server and that database are running, you can check them by typing services.msc in start >> run there u can check wether services are started if not start them.

3. Then do the DBMS settings in console >> right click on server >> DBMS settings >> then specify server name that is your sql server name >> then tthe database type like SQL,IBMDB2,Oracle then ok

What more do you need i feel this much should work you........

Regards

Tejas.................

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Could you please tell me how to create blank database in SQL.

I think i ahve not created this. And which all service you are taking about.Could you be little more specific about it.

Thanks,

Rohit Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope that u are using SQL server 2000 or greater

Open SQL Server in that open Enterprise manager when it opens expand the Microsoft server and sql server group then open Databases then on left hand side right click on Database and make new database that will cerate a new database n remember that will be a blank one.

If u want to create tables in it open that database and add neww tables there will be some existing or default databases and tables donot delete them.

Now after doing all these a blank database would be created wich u wanted to create.

Now go in Start>> run>> type services.msc

now a page will open in that select the sql services and see to that all the services related to ur database are started like if u created databse named "DB" then see in services that they are started or else see in taskbar if ur sql server is running.

Thats it now u are ready with ur blank database to be used with MDM with SQL Server running.

Regards

Tejas...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, for your valuable suggesation . I am able to work now with MDM.

Thanks

Rohit

Answers (0)