cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace TIBCO with XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a old tibco 3.x that interface with SAP and our production application. We need replace to tibco with XI because TIBCO doesn't support that version.

TIBCO has the Randezvous as the messaging system. For XI to interact the production application, I need a messaging system like JMS or some message queues.. right?. I hear Michal screaming.. USE SOAP

SAP XI sales person promised that XI replaces tibco. I got figure out how to start this project.

We don't want to buy TIBCO adapter through seeburger or from others to talk to XI.

Feeback appreciated.

Dhandu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhandu,

Have you considered upgrading your TIBCO environment to BusinessWorks and EMS (JMS)? That will get you off Rendezvous (sort of) and onto JMS, and you won't need SAP XI at all (is this going to get me removed from the SDN? ).

Regards,

Bas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the technical XI Adapter to talk to a JMS provider. Do you want to connect Tibco or your third party application systems to XI? The question is what interfaces those systems offer. JMS and JDBC are most reliable.

Personally I would prefer XI-Connectivity over plain SOAP since it supports EO QOS. XI-Connectivity is basically SOAP with attachments with some SAP specific wire format and reliable extensions.

SAP os execting you to use PCK to integrate your applications with XI. It is a J2EE Engine which is connected to the Integration Server instance.

Gruss

Bernd