cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy Migration using R3Load - Special Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Below is a requirement received from Customer.

System copy Migration ( R3LOAD 😞

Source :

-

[HP-UX(PA-RISC)]

R/3 4.6C

Oracle8.0.6

Target :

-

[HP-UX(IA-64)]

R/3 4.6C

Oracle 9.2.0.2

First of all, is this combination Possible ?. As I have referred the Service Market Place and there is no document for System Copy / Migration on the above combinations .

Ofcourse, I could find documents if oracle version is 8.1.7.

For 8.0.6 to direct 9.2.0.2 I could not find any manuals nor SAP Notes.

1. Do you have any Idea, whether the above System Copy is possible.

2. If so, can you please refer some SAP Notes or Manuals

(If possible)

Thanks & Best Regards

Paguras

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

8.0.6 is out of maintenance - for several years now.

I don´t think you will be able to get support for that combination nor will you get the tools to do that migration, the database version is just way too old.

What I would suggest is, upgrade 8.0.6 to 9.2 and then use a homogeneous system copy to copy from PA-RISC to IA64.

However, to do that, you will need to have and extended maintenance contract for 4.6c (also out of maintenance), otherwise your customer won´t be able to downloaded the necessary kernel patches for 9.2

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much.

That answers my doubts.

As the Customer is on Extended Maintenance Contract, I think there is no problem on that.

Your idea of Upgrading the DB First and then do the homogeneous sys copy seems to be fine.

Thanks a lot again

Paguras

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK,

That would be only possible if you use R3LOAD method, because you are upgrading the DB version.

Probably you will have to use also an old kernel to be able to connect to oracle 806 ( long out of support from Oracle )