cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice created with value highier than the PO value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know what should happen if an Invoice is created in the R/3 backend with a value higher than the PO value.

Regards,

Lina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tolerances are managed in R/3 and/or SRM in order to warn or avoid this case.

Hope it helps.

If not, be more explicit in your question.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Could you please tell me how to customize Tolerances in order to avoid that the value for the invoice is higher than the PO value.

Thanks and Regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please tell me how to customize Tolerances in order to avoid that the value for the invoice is higher than the PO value.

Thanks and Regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lina,

As informed by Vadim you can either customize tolerances in R/3 or/and SRM.

In R/3 : SPRO> IMG > Materials Management > Logistics Invoice verification > Incoming invoice > Configure vendor - specific tolerances

Using the above settings you can set the tolerances for incoming invoices in R/3

In SRM : SPRO > IMG > Supplier Relationship Management > SRM server > Cross Application basic settings > Set tolerance checks

Using the above settings you can set tolerances for incoming invoices in SRM.

Hope this will make you more clear.

Assign points for suitable replies.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>"If you do not define any tolerances, this means that it is not possible to enter a delivery/incoming invoice in EBP where quantity or value has been exceeded" So, this works different in SRM, that we do in R/3.</u>

<b>Please go through the following links / SAP OSS Notes -></b>

Note 835073 Enhancement of the tolerance checks

Note 496901 Tolerance check - back-end service PO with/without limit

<b>Hope this will definitely help.</b>

Do let me know, incase you need any other details.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

I only create the invoce in R/3 , and never in SRM.

Do you think that it is enough to customize only the following point in R/3:

In R/3 : SPRO> IMG > Materials Management > Logistics Invoice verification > Incoming invoice > Configure vendor - specific tolerances.

Could you please give me more details about the above customizing point so that i can avoid that the Invoice value exceeds the PO value.

Kind Regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I inform you that i never create the invoice in SRM but only in R/3.

Please give me some details in order to disable the invoice creation if the invoice value exceeds the PO value.

Thanks and Regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Take help of ABAP person. You can issue custom error messages using BADIs.

You can do this easily by implementing <b>BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI</b>. Read SAP Standard Documentation of this BADI using SE18 Transaction.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Do i need to implement this in R/3 or in SRM?

I remind that i only create the invoice in R/3.

Regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I only create the invoce in R/3 , and never in SRM.

Do you think that it is enough to customize only the following point in R/3:

In R/3 : SPRO> IMG > Materials Management > Logistics Invoice verification > Incoming invoice > Configure vendor - specific tolerances.

Could you please give me more details about the above customizing point so that i can avoid that the Invoice value exceeds the PO value.

Regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lina,

The setting mentioned above will allow you to decide tolerances for payments to the vendors w.r.t the tolerance groups (450 & 515).

In the vendor master record you mention the required tolerance group in "The payment transactions accounting" view under invoice verification.

Any differences in the invoice will be posted to the differences account as per the set tolerances.

You can even block the invoice for further processing using Invoice block setting.

SPRO > IMG > Materials Management > Logistics Invoice verification > Invoice block > Set tolerance limits

Here you can set the tolerance limits for the possible variances. During MIRO (invoice posting) if there are varainces outside the tolerance limits invoice will be blocked and will not be allowed for further processing.

You can view and clear the blocked invoices using MRBR transaction.

Both the settings are for R/3.

Hope this will make you more clear. Any clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

thanks for your help.

Could you please provide me an example for customizing this point :

SPRO > IMG > Materials Management > Logistics Invoice verification > Invoice block > Set tolerance limits

Kind Regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lina,

In the case of vendor based tolerances, if the value entered is out of the tolerance limits, the system does not allow the invoice to post.

In the case of Invoice block : Using the SPRO setting mentioned above you have to set the tolerances for various tolerance keys as per your requirement.

Here i am taking the example of Price variance tolerance key (PP). Using this tolerance key you can set the upper limit and lower limit for price variance (either in percentage terms or absolute terms)

For example i have set the Upper limit and lower limit as 40 USD in absolute terms and choose check limit.This setting is independent of the vendor.

When ever i post the invoice using MIRO, suppose the P.O value is 300 USD.

The invoice will only be posted if the entered amount is within the range of 260 USD and 340 USD.

If i enter 350 and try to post the invoice it will say document created but blocked.

The blocked invoice can be viewed and cleared using MRBR (T.code) after taking necessary approvals.

Hope this will make you more enlightened.

Rgds,

Teja

Answers (0)