cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i use SWWL to stop a sync send in IP, in production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi forum,

in a scenario of mine, theres a BPM and in the BPM there is a sync send to a rfc function module,

after the scenario ran, i can see in the PE, workflow, that the scenario is hanging in the synchronous send step for 3 days 15 hours, and has not yet returned the response....

i could identify the problem ...because in the SXNB_ADM runtime parameter, HTTP_TIMEOUT , the current value is 2700000, which comes out to be some 31 days......

may be due to this the step is still waiting,

how can i stop the process,

can i stop the IP using SWWL, will there be any proble,

coz its in PRODUCTION system......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

if you dont have any correlation: just wait for the 31 days, nothing bad can happen. It is important, to correct the reason, so think about, to reduce the timeout and put an exception branch to the send step, which is stopping the process.

If you have a correlation, other messages can share in the hanging process; in that case you should delete the workitem at SWWL.

Regards,

Udo

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To delete the workflow, go to Transaction SWWL and delete the workitems in error. But yes it is not advisable to use this transaction in Production environment. Bcoz it is possible tht related workitems persists leading to inconsistencies.

See this

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/27/xi-who-said-he-cannot-be-stopped-bpm-jim--sp17

Regards,

Prateek