cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB operators and users cannot login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed the password of the user SUPERDBA in MaxDB and after doing so, I was prompted to enter the new password when I tried to change another user's password, however, after entering the new password of SUPERDBA, I was prompted that User login failed. And I tried logging on aain using the old password of SUPERDBA, but still I was not able to logon. I tried using other users to logon but I get the same error message "-2 ERR_USRFAIL: User authentication failed". Is there a way to logon to MaxDB using a default user and password since I am not able to access MaxDB now in DBMGUI and our liveCache database is not connected. It's a total lock out since I am not allowed to login using any user.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as long as you know the DBM user ('control' normally) and password, you're good, but if you don't know these anymore, it could get a bit tougher. Note <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/25591">25591</a> might help you here.

If you're an official SAP customer, please open a ticket (if not already done); any following communication with SAP should then be handled over OSS.

In case your case was solved, please also update your thread here.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for the information. Apparently, using the USER CONTROL to login is also not possible eventhough this user's password was not changed. I still receive the same error '-2 ERR_USRFAIL: User authorization failed'.

Regards,

Deanna