Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 install/uninstall issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to install Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04

on my home laptop and despite checking/fulfilling all the requirements the installation did not complete successfully.

After hanging at step 8 of 24 for more than 1 hours I killed the installation and attempted to restart it. Unfortunately I could not proceed further neither with install nor uninstall since a gui type logon screen (with host name and port pre-filled) came up that I could not get through by trying all the different combinations that I could think of.

Additionally as a result I lost my internet connectivity, I am getting since DNS error messages. Ping seems to be working fine and I am trying now to debug what the cause is.

Any ideas will be appreciated (especially in restoring the connectivity).

Thanks,

Miklos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same messeage but after I did the changes according to the error message (put your ip and name instead of locahost, leave your locahost as it is), after that few times it showed the same message again after couple of restarts , I got this fixed it proceeded fine, but failed at step 21 or something pointing to java installation jars, I will post the message after getting home.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problem with both installing and uninstalling Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04.

While installing i encountered this problem:

"It says: This computer's host name is 'abc' but a reverse lookup returned 'localhost'. This will lead to problems later on when starting the Web Application Server. You can correct this proble by inserting a line: '127.0.01 abc' into the host file 'C:
WINDOWS\system32\driver\etc\hosts'. Do this now so that you can continue the installation."

And while unstalling this problem came out:

"It says: Application failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Please advise.

Eva

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you could deliver more details, this might help.

You should be able to stop the installation with a button shown there. If you are asked to logon to something, then this can only be the Administrator user and password you have installed just before.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are the details about the screen that comes up when install or uninstall is initiated:

Name of the screen: SDT-GUI - SAP Installation GUI;

The fields Host is prefilled with 'localhost' the value port with '21212..or so' . I tried different combinations of hosts and ports from the win32/.../services and hosts files and none of them worked - the message I get is:

Network I/O Exception

java.net.Socket Exception; Invalid argument socket write error.

The problems I am having accessing sites with my browser persist and are not caused by connection (ping works both ways, networks parameters and setting are fine, ipconfig is fine) but presumably sw errors and I suspect that they are caused by this installation. Also I cannot start the email client (Mozilla Thunderbird). When shutting down the system, two non-responsive programs show up since these my connection issues started : SMaxPNP and XPCOM:EventReceiver.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Miklos

Message was edited by: Miklos Palfi

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Miklos,

are you sure this is a sneak preview you are installing? Where did you get it from?

What we offer for download currently is just Java and that is not anywhere looking like the things you tell me here.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Benny,

Thanks for the reply and for following up.

To answer your questions - yes it is the sneak preview and I downloded it from the sdn site. The first part of my earlier message and the errors described there are specific to that installation.

The second part where I described my browser connectivity issues, does not relate directly to the installation. I found out later that those were produced by bugs in the security suite I was using, but just happened to surface after the failed installation.

I will try to do a new installation and let you know how it worked.

Thanks,

Miklos

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am also having the problems:

My environment is Win2K,3GB RAM,80GB HDD. Trying to install WAS 6.40. I have installed it on another same type of server and it runs OK but on this perticular server its giving me following error.

When I click on SAPInst it says main class not found. After this if I retry is says, port 21212 in use?. Any clues how to get around this problem?.

Any promt reply appreciated.