cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Question about WAS and JMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Client has ERP 2004 installed on WAS 6.40. It needs to be interfaced with TIBCO for message exchange. We don't have XI, just ERP 2004. My question is that does WAS 6.40 have JMS messaging capability? My guess is yes, but I don't know where to find the clue. Can JMS be configured in Visual Administrator? Can I use web services generated from BAPIs to interface with 3rd-party messaging system over JMS? If yes, can someone point me to any documentation about it?

Millions of thanks,

Chao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chao,

The 6.40 Web Application Server is fully J2EE 1.3 compatible and is certified by sun. JMS is part of the J2EE specification, thus every program that works with JMS should be able to work with the JMS provider of the server. The JMS runs by default, it can be further configured in the Visual Administrator (services, jms_provider). Here is a link where you can find more additional information :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/a3/63af1bbf09469fa1615c05f0daff6f/frameset.htm

However looking at your post you seem to be more interested in using another JMS (TIBCO) than the one provided from the server. That is also possible, please check for more information :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/22/cf4e71c46cdb4da31153be96c5389f/frameset.htm

HTH

Peter Peshev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does WAS provide a JMS messaging server (as distinct to just the JMS J2EE interface)? If I want to use WAS and JMS do I need to provide my own server or is it part of WAS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

WAS provides its own JMS implementation. JMS is part of the J2EE specification by sun. You don't need to provide your own server.

In fact you could run and connect to the JMS in WAS even from another server or from a standalone remote client using the sapj2eeclient.jar that comes with the server.

Best Regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Peter,

Thanks for validating my thoughts. Your answers are extremely helpful. I guess my next step is to find out if TIBCO can call BAPI web services via its JMS.