cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package name for client proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All ,

I am new to SAP .I am doing a PROXY> XI> FILE scenario .After generating Proxy when i try to save the proxy

It is prompting to specify the Package name and the prefix ,Can some one explain me the process how i should create

a package( I dont want to save it as local object). i have read in SDN that it should be a 4 level package .So if some one can give me Step by Step procedure

of creating a 4 level package that would be really great.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got ur problem.u can create package in SE80.Otherwise if u dont want to save the proxy in "Local object" .... u can use some exting generale packages.

The package na me will start with 'Z' or 'Y'...so in the package write 'Z' or 'Y' and press F4.U will get a no. of exiting packages.and select anyone from those.

And for prefix you can give 'Y' or 'Z'. Now it will work.

All the best.

Regards

Biplab

<i>**Note:Reward with points if helpful.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Thanks for your reply .. But i have read in SDN that the package that we give there should be a four level package .. all the packages that we create in SE80 will be 4 level package or do we have to do some extra steps to make it a 4 level package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The package for proxy is like any other package you use in ABAP lang..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Development Packages which are previously called as Development class can be created using TC : SE80.

Goto transaction SE80, select "Package" from dropdown menu and put your package name..( starting with either "z" or "y") and click on "display button". It will ask wheather you want to create new one..say yes and assign change request number.

When you say "yes" on next screen it will ask you all details..which is nothing but 4 level package. Dont worry about this term. Its normal process of creating packages in R/3. You do not have to take ne extra step.

Once you creat your packeg you can use them while generating proxy's.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nilesh ,

Thanks for your reply .So You mean to say what ever package we create will be a 4 level package.While creating package what should i select for the following fields.

Applic Component :

SoftWare component :

Transport Layer :

Package Type :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Application component : indicates development module...like MM for Material Management, SD - Sales and Distributions....

SoftWare component : HOME

Transport Layer : Check out transport layet for other z packages...that you can do using SE80 and put z* and click on arrow button...will show you all packages..and select ne one of them for reference.

and package type : Main pacakge or you can keep default.

Hope this will help you.

Nilesh

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know about XI and Proxy stuff,but you can create a package using SE21-Package Builder.

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran ,

Thanks for your reply . I know that we can use SE21 . but i dont know what is this 4 level package stuff .Hope some one will reply for my question.

Former Member