cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIMEOUT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have few FI users which are executing the reports without filter, which are taking long time to finish, PRD server performance degrading during this process.

What types of paramater should be set to improve the server performance during this processing.

Please advise us.

REgards

Anwer Waseem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of your expert answers.

I have adopt 2 solution out of that.

1) I will request to users do big processing job in the background.

2) increase the timeout for the while until the processing will not fiish.

REgards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

You can always limit the ammount of time a dialog process can run by adjusting parameter rdisp/max_wprun i think the standart value is 600 seconds but in my opinion 900 seconds give you a better scope.

Hope this help!

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

As Juan suggested you can increase rdisp/max_wprun to avoid TIME_OUT.I dont know your current value for this parameter and increasing this too much is not a good idea as well. So I think you have to find out the report which this transaction is excecuting and look for OSS note about performance or do a sql trace on the user and findout where its taking time and sometime creating an index on particular table will help , check ST03n and see the avg response time and how the time is being used like avg.db time etc .. or ask the user to run the report as a background job

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks to all of your expert advise.

This is the customized report, the default value of this parameter is 600 seconds.

Is there any parameter or any other settings which will not reduce the system performance while running processing / report ?

How will run the any processing / big report in the background ?

Please advise us.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

Eventhough 600 sec is the default value , we usually increase the value to 15 min or 20 mins .. As its a customized prog you can check with ABAPer to see the possibility of improving the program . To run in background , save your selection as a varient then go to SM36 --> enter your report , select varient

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

As i have read that the paramater values are * 2, the default is 600 seconds which is 10 minutes, after multiplying by 2 having 20 minutes..

also, the sap are not recommending to increase the value of the timeout, there will be negative impact on the system performance while increasing the timeout.

To make the variant for the reports, i have to give the authority to users to make variant or create the variant first by the cunsultant.

users should have the authority to (create the varinat for his user-id) work on sm36 / sm37

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

For creating varients you can workwith users , giving access to transactions depends on your security policy

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anwer,

The Parameter which you are setting i.e. rdisp/max_wprun_time is dynamic parameter. You have to increase this value through RZ11 so that this value is reset back to default value when you restart the instance.

One more thing as you know the value will double to value mentioned so when you feel that you need a diaglogue work process needed to process something which can run that long you can go for increasing this value.

Keep in mind don't set this parameter using RZ10 so that it remains as permanent one for the instance.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek