cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA Configuration Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

I have two IDES machines one with ECC 5.0 and Other with ECC 6.0. I am trying to configure CUA between these two machines. ECC 5.0 as central machine and ECC 6.0 as the child system.

First I have created a user CUAADMIN in both the systems as communication user and then assigned SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW authorization

Then Next I created the logical systems for ECC 5.0 with client 200 as DEVCLNT200 and for ECC 6.0 as IDSCLNT150 in 150 client and assigned it to the respective clients.

Next created RFC between two systems from both sides and it is working fine.

After that I have created a model view as CUA with two BAPIs as USER and Usercompnay with method Clone in 200 client , then next generated partner profiles through BD64 and after that I have created a model view CUA in 150 client also and added two BAPIs sames as in 200 and generated profiles.

Next when I am distributing the model from BD64->Edit->Model View->Distribute I am getting an error as "communication error occured and check the username and password and repeat logon"

When I checke the RFC settings it is fine and test connection is successfully happening.

======================================================

Distribution of model view CUA

Target system IDSCLNT150 Communication error occurred

Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

======================================================

Please suggest whether the procedure is correct. If am wrong please send me the correct process of doing it.

Regards

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have successfully configured the CUA with the help of following links.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/08/ed591f9ff00343952f11a7b707f28a/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/fa/0ec43b5d091b3de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope it will be usefull for anyone in future.

Cheers

Sharath

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sharath,

I tried setting up CUA in my IDES systems which consists of ECC 6, CRM 5 and BI 7. Three separate systems. All went fine except the roles are not showing up when add a role using SU01 in the central system. I tried "Text Comparison ..." button several times which * as from and to receiving system. But no luck. I spend almost 3 days doing this. I even tried removing the child systems separately using RSDELCUA and tried removing the entire CUA. But no luck.

Then I moved to my sanbox systems which consists of same landscape and I am able to finish it within a day and all seems to work correctly.

Did you encounter any similar situation when setting up IDES systems?

Thanks

RT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RT,

Even for me for the first time after creating the CUA and adding the child system when I tried to create user in central system and assigned child system and one of the role from child system it gave me a message that role does not exists.

Then I have made a text comparison from Central to Child system and after that I was able to assign roles in central system for child system.

Are you getting any error message when you are doing the text comparison. Also,check the RFC connection from central system to child system and make sure that the authoirzation for the system user's which are used in RFC conection are appropriate.

For authorizations check the link given above.

Good Luck...

Cheers

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sharath,

U wrote that u have created user CUAADMIN in both systems as type communication user but according to our SAP training material it is given that we have to create users of type System can u plese try with this .