cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central monitoring in SM3.2 for for remote systems 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to implement proactive monitoring with the help of SM3.2 for R3 systems 4.6c version and BE systems 3.5.

The criteria is for generating an e-mail whenever the threshold values exceed for some of the monitored components( like for file systems, buffer, dialog....)

Has anyone implemented this kind of scenario..if yes can anyone guide on this with helpful steps. I have gone through the service.sap.com/monitoring docs..it is a little bit confusing..so would appreciate if any lead can be given along with steps to implement this .

Thanks,

veju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veju,

There are lot of good documents out there regarding this in SDN as well as SMP. Search for configure auto reaction mentods in SDN it will return lot of userful links. Also check SIM in service market place

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000608683&;

If you face any issues please let us know

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prince...I have checked almost all the files or tutorials..there seems not to be a precise doc on this kind of implementation. there are many queries but none seems to have a specific answer.

I am still going through some docs ...

Currently...

1. Installed the ccms agents..

2. Created the RFC's in the CEN system( SM3.2)

3.Defined the remote systems in the SM3.2

4.I have configured the Email alert notification..

5.The SAPConnect is also configured..with SMTP but i have to check which mail server is used for sending the mails externally...we are trying to use the Tivoli for this.

The issues currently are

<b><b>Still the mail cannot be send internally.</b>

Does RFC's(Data collection and Analysis) for the target system are required even when the ccms agents SAPCCM4X has been registered and started?

If i need to send the mail externally using sendmail do i need to start any program( the database is DB2v8)?</b>

Anyone has gone through this experience..

Thanks.

Veju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you assigned auto reaction in RZ20 ? Once you assign an autoreaction , when an alert occues for that particular method it will send this alert to Solman and Solman will send the mail

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

Yes checked it...i hav assigned the Email Alert in the Target system..

Thanks,

Veju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im sorry , you have to assign auto reaction in RZ21 of Central System ( SolMan )

Thanks

Pince Jose