cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Report for DEV/QAS System (if possible)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know if it is possible to generate EWA reports for DEV/QAS Systems. I believe i have set up all the necessary RFCs for our SOLMAN to communicate with the DEV/QAS systems.

When I try to create an EWA session in SDCCN of the DEV/QAS system, the only destination i can choose is "NONE" which is local.

Any idea how I can send this to my SOLMAN. My SOLMAN is already configured to be the master system of my DEV/QAS system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince Jose,

My problem actually is that I want to set up EWA for a DEV system. I have tested all the RFC connections to and from my SOLMAN.

Even the RFC connection in SDCCN -> Settings .. -> RFC destination, i have 2, one SAP_OSS and my 'back' RFC to my SOLMAN and everything is working OK.

Would you be able to give me a step by step guide on how to setup EWA. From what i know:

1. Setup the system via SMSY (done)

2. Generate the necessary RFCs (done and tested OK)

3. Set SOLMAN as the master system of the satellite systems (done)

4. Create the necessary task for EWA via SDCCN of satellite system

Are the steps correct?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Filomeno,

It looks like you have done the right configuration.

What i would suggest you is that before generating EWA report,

Try to run the following jobs with their RFC destination settings maintained as Back destination to solman.

1. Maintenance Package

2. Refresh service definitions

3. Refresh sessions.

If you are able to see the back destination to solman as RFC destination in the logs then you should be able to create the EWA report and send it to solman.

If this helps, then kindly reward suitable points.

Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I already the tasks you mentioned in the satellite systems and all ran OK. The RFC destination for the tasks was my Back destination to SOLMAN.

Checking the logs for the tasks mentioned that sessions were up-to-date.

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now try to create a job.....Early watch alert for Solution Manager...Dont schedule it...just run it once and see the output of it.

Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.

Message was edited by:

naresh dodeja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

That is actually my issue. When i try to create a job, Early Watch alert for Solution Manager, I can't see this choice from the satellite system.

The only EWA i can create from the satellitre system is an EWA report, with destination NONE and SDCC_OSS. When i try to create an EWA report from SOLMAN via SOLUTION_MANAGER transaction, I can only see PRD. I can't create an EWA service for DEV and QAS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince Jose,

I have already defined the RFCs in order for my SOLMAN and satellite systems to communicate. I have tested all the necessary connections and they are all successful as well.

While configuring SDCCN, i also came across a thread in this forum with a similar issue as mine. The solution in that thread was to perform the following in the satellite system:

- Refresh Service definition

- Refresh Session

- Maintenance Package

- EWA

I did all the steps mentioned above in SDCCN but when i came to the point where i was to define EWA, I still cannot see my SOLMAN as a destination for my EWA. Could this be because i am creating an EWA report for a DEV system?

THanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create EWA report for DEV system I doubt whether I got your question correctly , Are you having issues in SDCCN in satellite system ? Pls check whether rfc connection test in SDCCN in satellite system is working ?

SDCCN --> Go To --> Settings --> Task Specific --> RFC Destinations --> Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created the rfc connections in solman SMSY ( from and to solman from satalite) systems ?

Thanks

Prince Jose