cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make to Order - where is Sale Order Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a Configurable Product, say Book. The Customer places the Order say for 1000 Books but does not give the details of the Ship-to parties. The Order is taken into Production and the Ship-to particulars are available one day prior to the despatch. The requirement is that the User has to create multiple Ship-tos in 1 Sales Order (Costing, Wastage calculation etc., is done Sales Order-wise) and will enter the Quantities for the Ship-to parties only when he receives the despatch instructions from his Customer.

The Sales Order initially is created for 1000 Nos with no Ship-to Party being entered at the Item level (Item No: 10, Material # Book; the Classification editor contains the required Characterstics when the Order for 1000Nos is entered for the first time). The Order is produced and the Stock is available as Sale Order Stock for 1000 Nos. When the despatch details are received, the Ship-to parties are entered in the Sales Order {Sales Order entry will now look as: Item # 10, Book, 700 Nos for Ship-to # 1 and Item # 20, Book, 300 Nos for Ship-to # 2}. When the 2nd Line Item is entered in the Sales Order, the Classification Editor opens once again, though this is ignored and no values are set.

Issue:

a) Delivery could not be handled through VL10; it had to be done through VL01N.

Delivery could be created and PGI done for Ship-to # 1 only but unable to do PGI for 300 Nos for Ship-to # 2. The error I get is that there is no Sales Order Stock (1000 Nos have been produced initially and after doing PGI the balance of 300 Nos (meant for Ship-to # 2) is getting displayed in MMBE but is appearing as Item # 10. The Requirement Class is shown as KEM in the Sales Order.

b) When the 2nd Line Item (Item # 20) is entered in the Sales Order, the Schedule Line shows about 7 days into the future although Sale Order Stock is available.

Have I missed something?

Regards

Ramana ND

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramanna,

Check in ur sales order for 2nd line item whether correct reqt Type is picked or not...

I think it will be in procurement section insales order...

Also check whether you have correctly assigned correct check rule to reqt type...

REWARD POINTS IF U FINDS THIS USEFUL...

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj

The so-called 2nd Line item is nothing but the same Material and this Quantityis already available in Sale Ordertock (part of 1000 Nos); this had to be shown as a 2nd Line Item coz there is a different Ship-to party. Btw... the requirement Class type in the Procurement Tab in VA01 for both the Line Items shows KEM...

My question is: why is the so-called 2nd Line Item is being treated separately? The Order is for 1000 Nos and all I am doing is splitting the Quantity between the 2 Ship-to.. The Sales OrderStock clearly shows 1000 Nos which I am not able to Ship-to #2 coz Item # 20 does not show Stock in MMBE ... Only Item # 10 has Stock of 3000 Nos ...

Regards

Ramana ND