cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Logout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert!

I have been set the rdisp/gui_auto_logout for the 20 minutes to kill the idle sessions, rdisp/keepalive already set to 20 minutes.

My users are complaining that when they are doing the foreground / background processing, users sessions are terminating on certain time.

Does the session will kill also on the foreground / background processing ?

I want to eliminate those sessions which are idle not to foreground processing !

Please adivse the expert solution.

REgards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Kindly reward with the Points if you feel answer was helpful!!

Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks to all of your valuable information..!

I have observed from the experience and all your valuable information that foreground processing also terminating sessions after 20 minutes (set time in the paramater), i have been disabled this option for the while and the users has processed which was taking almost 30 minutes.

also, i set the more value in wp_run_time paramater for the 30 minutes for the processing, if you will not set the paramater, processing will ended with the timeoout error.

Thanks again to all of your expert opinion.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can check in the TC ST22.i think it is the problem of paramater rdisp/max_wprun_time.increse the parametre Value.

regards

ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

I understand that you have set rdisp/gui_auto_logout for the 20 minutes to kill idle sessions but what about rdisp/max_wprun_time if it is set to e.g . 10 min and your HR collegues are doing some processing in foreground which will be limited by this parameter.

Pls check if any TIME_OUT dumps are observed.

Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anwer,

I agree with the Umesh and would like to tell you is please check your rdisp/max_wprun_time , ithink this would be the problem which you are facing.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

rdisp/gui_auto_logout is for foreground sessions only. In case you don't want your session to terminate for some particualr process then you need to create a new session from the session you want to run the foreground process. Don't let the second session ideal for more than 20 mins. Let the foreground process run in the first session.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Thanks to all of you again.

I am fully agree to all of you that the idle sessions should be terminate not the processing sessions.

I have one example about the HR Department, they are processing salary, which takes longer time, the sessions are not idle, Salary is in being process but the sessions are terminated with the certain time.

any ides ?

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout is regarding to dialog process. Means, the session will be killed is only foreground processing. There will be no effect to background processing. If you wanna save the foreground processing, you can set the value of auto logout time to 0 (no limit time logon), but it is not recommended, considering about security problem. Otherwise, you can expand the auto logout time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been set the RDISP/GUI_AUTO_LOGOUT parameter for the 20 minutes.

Now, the idle users sessions are terminating in 20 minutes.

the question is here that when our HR / FI Department executing the Posting / processing which takes longer time to finish, the foreground processing sessions are terminating.

This paramater was resetting the Idle connections, how will i eliminate this situation not to terminate the foreground processing sessions.

Please advise us.

Regards

Anwer Waseem