cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing in build path :com.sap.security.api.IUser Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Despite adding the interface com.sap.security.api.IUser in the build path of the Development component, it is still missing after each synchronization. Is it not being added to the DTR?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create a DC of type "ExternalLibrary".

2. Expand the project in packageExlorer.

Create a Folder "Libraries".

Copy the .jar file under this directory.

3.Right click on the jar file and select "development Component" and select "Addto Publicpart".

4. You need to create two parts .One is "Assembly" and other is "Compilation".

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats it exactly. Then check in and active the external library DC. Then in the component that uses the dc click on used DCs and add your active dc. You will need to set the dependancies up to be build time and run time. Make you you do each one of these separately. Don't check both boxes at the same time. Check one and hit ok, then re-edit the dependancy and check the other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not the best way of working if the jar you need is actually part of a standard DC!!! To be more precise: this is VERY bad practice!

Message was edited by: Pascal Willemsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right Pascal.

The easiest and the most logical way of adding standard jar files is: by adding the SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT & SAP_JTECHS SCs to the Software Component where ur actual development track resides(mostly predone by administrators)& importing the standard DCs from them.

Message was edited by: Meesum Kirmani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define com.sap.security.api (from the SAP-JEE SC) as a Used DC for your DC. Do not use the buildpath, this is overwritten each time you build the DC (reconstructed from the Used DCs).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added the jar to an external library DC and exposed the interfaces I needed as public parts. I then added those interfaces as used DCs in my other project. Have you done the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Eric,

Could u briefly explain how to add a jar to an external library DC project?

Hi Pascal,

When trying to add a DC to a Used DCs list, I do not see the option of adding any com.sap.security.api (from the SAP-JEE SC)

Message was edited by: Meesum Kirmani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you see any DC's within that SC at all? If not, is your DC in Local Development or part of an SC that is in a Development Track?

In the 1st case there's something wrong with your NWDS installation.

In the 2nd case you must:

- Go to the SLD and define Usage Dependencies for the 3 base SC's (SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS, SAP-JEE)

- Update CMS (to sync with the info in the SLD)

- Delete your SC from the track and re-add it (to pick up the change in the SC definition, the 3 base SC's should show up in the Required SC's table)

- Import the 3 base SC's into the track using the Check In tab.

- Reimport the Development Configuration in your NWDS.

For more information check the URLs below:

Defining Usage Dependencies:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a4/481955dc9e42c19d5a1bc3b8aead81/content.htm

Checking in and importing required SC's:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/6760b8d7b64b6eb74052eb5bdf1405/content.htm

Message was edited by: Pascal Willemsen