cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru's,

Can you please help me out with the issue that I am facing?

I have a material where the Base UOM is feet. I have a US customer as well as a British customer to whom I am selling this material. The US customer needs this material displayed in feet in the sales quote/order where as the British customers needs this material displayed as meters in the sales quote/order?

How can I do this? Please help me out..

Ketan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the material master we have an option unit of measure (UOM), you fill your requirement, ur issue will be resolved.

regards

KR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But isn't there an automatic way of changing the UOM in the sales documents depending on a customer's preference? My company does not want to change it manually.

Thanks for helping me out.

Sincerely,

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also unable to modify the UOM for the material in the sales quote. The UOM shown in the sales quote line item for the material is grayed out. I am selecting this material from the Sales BOM through variant configuration.

There is a unit group in customer master, Can this be of any help?

Please help me out.

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help!!! My question has not been answered.

regards,

Ketan

sailaja_vadlamudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have conversion routine for changing the UOM 1feet=0.3048 meters.

Sail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Depending on the customer for example whether its a UK or a US customer, How can I automatically set the UOM?

Thanks,

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have the base UoM and alternative UoM which may be more than one.

Depending upon the country of the customer, you can manually change the UoM in the sales order.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly maintain alternative UoM in the material master in Basic 1 tab under additional data.

In the sales order use the required UoM as the sales unit.

Kindly ensure that the conversion ratio should be such that the sale unit doesent result in decimals. For eg if base UoM is feet and you maintain that 1 feet = 0.33 feet it will cause some error in case you wish to sell 0.5 feet.

Instead maintain that 10 feet = 3 meteres.

Trust this would suffice.

Revert in case of clarifications.

Best regards,

Ashok