cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

I have manufacturing plant that is in western region i want to capture market of india so i can consider 3 depot in eastern western and southern region in order to capture market of overall india

My Query is that how many shipping point i should consider in order to deliver material to all the region or overall india. is it state wise or city wise please suggest me..

with regards

Sankalp singhai

singhai.sankalp78@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can assign n number of shipping points to the plants, but the delivery will happen at one shipping point only.

so you decide how many plants do u have in the said regions? accordingly u map it in your organisation structure in SAP.

reward points if it is useful.

regards

KR

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sankalp,

You can use single shipping point if u have sigle plant..go to transacttion OVL2..

REWARD if u find this useful..

Regds

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shipping points are defined based upon the delivering plant, shipping conditions and the loading group.

Hence if you have one plant, you may have one or more shipping points depending on the requirement.

Even depots can be mapped as plants in SAP. However these would be non excisable.

You should be clear on how many manufacturing plants and depots are there and map all of them as plants. Subsequently, you can have one shipping point for each plant in order to map the enterprise in SAP.

Revert in case of further clarifications.

Reward points if this information is useful.

Best regards,

Ashok.