cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data - DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every1

I am facing following problem which transferring data from one content server to other for DMS-

1) I am not able to get list of documents which are in Check-out mode

2) How system is going to behave with DIR which doesn't have documents while transferring data

3) How system is going to behave with DIR which has linked checked out original file while transferring data

I have tried to get information from DRAW table of DMS but i didn't get enough information to support my query....

Kindly assist me to solve the issue

rgds

Kamal Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

maybe there is a possibilty to get the PHIO IDs from table 'DMS_PH_CD1' and then use the SAP function module 'SDOK_PHIO_PROPERTIES_GET' to recieve all data about the properties.

There is also a report called ZZ_DMS_KPRO_CHECK_ACTIVE which can maybe be modified to fullfill your requirements. This report also loops over the mentioned PHIO tables and checks all original data.

Unfortunatly there is no standard report to recieve this data. So you have to create your own report which can handle this. I hope the function modules could help you and if my answers are usefull for you please reward points.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

But how to use function module SDOK_PHIO_PROPERTIES_GET

and there is no Z-report in our system as you have mentioned...

can you tell me know some other report ...?

Currently I am having data from different tables DMS_PH_CD1,DMS_PHIO2file, etc

but I am unable to get single table which can differentiate between DIR's without originals and DIR's with original's but in checked-out mode.

rgds

Kamal Aggarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

How did u resolve you problem??

I have same requirement to download DMS documents to some location in Network.

Please help me.

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi hari

It depends on what exactly you are willing to download....

If its R/3 administrator data then use se16 and use 'DRAW' table to download

Now if you are using Content Server and wants to read KPRO then

use se38 and execute 'DMS_KPRO_READ' which will assist you for information

and run same program in cycle get complete information

rgds

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The customizing is in transaction dc20

ciao

Aravinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamal,

By the above report i have to download manually.

But,i need to download lot of documents ( of type mpi ) daily in batch process to file system (non sap).

Do u have any idea??

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari

If i am rightly understanding then u r talking about DMS_KPRO_READ

If u run this report then you will able to get result for single selected DIR

but you can inform to your ABAPer to develop this program for document type range which will give AVL report then either you can import it to local PC or download the report file.

but parallel inform your ABAPers about no of DIR's which you might been having as sometimes system gives run time error if data is too large to handle

Kindly let me know whether its original file or R/3 data which your downloading for your file system...?

What process u r exactly following using DMS....?

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Maybe a BAPI could be usefull here. Please see SAP Note 766277 which contains a full documentation off all existing DMS BAPIs.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

from DMS side the following tables contain all the data about the checked in or checked out originals:

- DMS_PHIO2FILE

- DMS_PH_CD1

For this table you need the LOIO and PHIO ID for the originals and this ID could be retrieved by report DMS_KPRO_READ. In this report you also see which originals are checked out for a specific document info record.

In order to transfer data from one content server to another you can use the following reports:

DMS_RELOCATE_CONTENT

With this report you can move data from one content server to another. Here all the data is like copied to the new server.

RSCMSEX and RSCMSIM

These reports could be used to move a storage category from one content server to another. Only a specific storage category is moved here. For more information please see the SAP note 445057.

If a document info record has no original attached also no original data is transferred to the new content server.

Regarding your third question I recommend you to check in all originals before transferring the data. From my experience there could be problems with originals which where checked out when transferred to a new content server. So to avoid data loss, please check in all originals first.

I hope this information will help you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for response

I had one issues that DMS_KPRO_READ can give one report at a time

It will take long time to get the data

Cant we have any table under SAP where-in I can get same information

rgds

Kamal