cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Bound data node Node(<view>.<node>) of InteractiveForm must not....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving the error Bound data node Node((<view>.<node>) of InteractiveForm must not be empty!

I have seen several threads which cover this, but I am stuck.

1. I cannot set the cardinality to 1..n. It is not editable.

2. Other suggestions are to initialize the node. But I am not sure: should this code be in the controller or the view? I was thinking the view.

I tried adding the code:

IPrivatePurchReqCreateCompView.IBapi_Requisition_Create_InputElement newBapi_Requisition_Create_InputElement;

newBapi_Requisition_Create_InputElement = wdContext.createBapi_Requisition_Create_InputElement();

but the second line is giving an error: The method createBapi_Requisition_Create_InputElement(Bapi_Requisition_Create_Input) in the type IPrivatePurchReqCreateCompView.IContextNode is not applicable for the arguments ().

Anyone have a suggestion?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

U need to go for 2nd option.data source node should be initialized.As per ur code u r using bapi's input node as datasource.It should be output node of the bapi.

2nd u r trying to create the element of input element of bapi,so u need to pass the model instance as input parameter.

After that when u execute the bapi & ur backend is having data ,u will be getting the data automatically,so no need to create the element for ur datasource node explicitly.

Hope this will help.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit -

Thank you for your answer.

Not sure I understand:

1. You say I should be referencing the output, not the input? FYI...this BAPI is not a query BAPI, but a "create record" BAPI. Do you still think I should be referencing the output node?

2. I need to pass the model instance as input parameter? I have a model named "PurchaseReqCreateModel". I had already tried the code:

newBapi_Requisition_Create_InputElement = wdContext.createBapi_Requisition_Create_InputElement(<b>PurchaseReqCreateModel</b>);, but that is not right. I'm just not sure of the syntax.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

If its an input bapi,ur code should look like this.

Bapi_Objcl_Getdetail_Input objclDetail =new Bapi_Objcl_Getdetail_Input(suppModel);

wdContext.nodeBapi_Objcl_Getdetail_Input().bind(objclDetail);

in case u want to pass the parameters also for the bapi,u need to set the values in the model before executing the bapi.

Apart from that i would suggest u to create a value node.bind that node to the interactive form.initialize the node .get the values from that & pass those to ur bapi.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit - Again, thank you.

Obviously, I am not too experienced with this. I realize that it makes perfect sense to you, but I am not quite sure how to apply your example.

For example, what should my value be for "suppModel"? The name of my model itself is not right.

More information:

Model: PurchaseReqCreateModel

View: PurchReqCreateCompView

View Context Node: Bapi_Requisition_Create_Input

(I have not yet added the Bapi_Requisition_Create_Output node to my view's context.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

That was my code what i m using.i just gave it for refference.u use ur model name only.

For better understanding i would suggest u to go thru this tutorial .

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/wd%20java/wd%20tutorials/creating%20a%20web%20dynpro%20application%20accessing%20abap%20functions.pdf">Sample</a>

Hope it will help.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit -

I had tried looking at that example in the past, but I had some trouble importing it. But I tried it again, and had success.

In the example, the code was in the wdDoInit of the controller, not the view, so I will try that. It did not give me any errors. I'll try deploying when I have connectivity to the server.

Thank you! I will likely be awarding your points very soon!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit -

I haven't been able to really test this yet because I am now getting a new error. So, hopefully, I am at least getting past THIS error.

Therefore, I am going to assume for now that the error is fixed and reward you points.

Thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

If your node is binded to controller and if you try to change the cardinality from view then it woun't allow you but yes you can change the cardinality from controller itself and that would be reflected in view too.

Regards,

Murtuza