cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety stock in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to affect the SNP heuristic run with the safety stock levels generated from extended safety stock planning methods.

Product master data has been maintained with safet stock planning method (AS - alpha service level method with reorder point), service level %, demand forecast error %, and target days' supply.

Safety Stock Planning has been executed through transaction code /SAPAPO/MSDP_SB with standard planning area 9ASNP05 and safety stock key figure 9ASAFETY. The Safety Stock Planning run was executed successfully with correct safety stock levels planned. I can view these results through standard planning book 9ASNP_SSP, SAFETY data view.

However, I am confused with what should happen next. Obviously I want these results to affect my SNP heuristic run (planning area 9ASNP02, planning book 9ASNP94, data view SNP94(1)). I want the safety stock results to increase my planned demand accordingly. However, I cannot find a way to transfer the values from planning area 9ASNP05 to 9ASNP02 (I am not even sure that is what you are supposed to do). I would expect the safety stock key figures (safety stock planned, safety stock, etc.) in 9ASNP02 (SNP planning) to be updated from 9ASNP05 (safety stock planning).

Running safety stock planning on SNP planning area 9ASNP02 is not an option, since no safety stock key figure can be chosen in /SAPAPO/MSDP_SB. Using a custom macro in 9ASNP94 planning book is not an option, since this is a standard planning book that cannot be changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member788297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard Planning book 9ASNP_SSP will help without any modifications.

Regards,

Chava

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAFETY - the KF in 9ASNP02 is a temp KF and is updated by a macro and not by the Safety Stock planning program (which updates 9ASAFETY in 9ASNP05)

As far as i remember, you can use 9ASNP05 for doing all the heuristic related tasks that you can do in 9ASNP02.

but the best way is....

Create your own planning area based on say 9ASNP05 or 9ASNP02 with the same settings . that give you more flexibility in changing the KF.

Similarily, your Planing books should be a copy of 9ASNP94. Change the macros to reflect the safety stock into the total demand calculation macro

you can include KF 9ASAFETY into a copy of Planning Area 9ASNP02