cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSmobile for Logistics RF functions on Pocket PC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to implement mobile data entry in our factories, using a wireless device to execute transaction LM00 in our back-end ECC 2004 system.

I have seen SAP Console used before for character based devices, but I would rather use a web-enabled GUI if possible. OSS notes indicate that SAP Web Console is being phased out and replaced by ITSmobile, which is why I prefer this approach.

We've set up an ICF service that exeutes this transaction, and it works very well using internet explorer from a standard or tablet PC. Unfortunately, the Pocket PC browser on our handheld device won't process the screen. It connects but shows a blank screen.

Has anyone used ITSmoble to publish standard SAP transactions (via WebGUI) to a Pocket PC device (Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition)?

What are the steps required? Must a java runtime environment be installed on the handheld?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get the transaction running on a mobile device you have to create templates for the screens of the transaction using the generator style 'Mobile device'.

Using the generic ITS rendering (Webgui) or other generator styles, like 'Webgui' will only work for IE or other newer browsers. The generated html and javascript is too complex for the very limited mobile browsers. The generator style 'Mobile Device' will take care about this and will create pretty simple html and javascript matching the limited functionality of the browsers on the mobile devices.

Please use the CL_MOBILE_SYSTEM_LOGIN as login class for your mobile devices for the same reason.

Regards Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you find a detailed instuction on the sap help site.

Bye

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

We are trying to implement transaction lm00 using the ITSmobile. We are on Netweaver 7.0. I have gone through the sap document on ITSmobile. But it is not clear to me how to start with.

can you give me answers to these questions below.

What is the first step?

your step is to create a service.

Which service?

Do you have a detailed step by step plan?

Is there any thing else I need to do in order to turn on the services like integrated ITS? Any notes on this?

Your help is appreciated.

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

the steps order is described.

First: SE80 service creation (here you must navigat in the combobox to Service

and create a ZService.. where you can also select the Package or a FunctionGroup..)

You need a Service or a Countainer where you can save all Templates for

your mobile application.

Second: Template generation -> FOR ERP LMOB -> all in Package LMOB

and so one...

After the development stuff you need also an url where your webapplication

can be communicate to the server => TX: SICF

If you need more help write me an email.

Thx and Bye

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Christoph!

Robin