cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am facing a problem when i use a ABAP client proxy (asynchronously)

An error is raised during proxy method call-

<CODE>SERIALIZE_APPLICATION_DATA</CODE>

<b> <ERRORTEXT>Conversion error ABAP => XML (Request Message; error ID: CX_ST_INVALID_XML;

(/1SAI/TAS00000000000000000005 XML Bytepos.: 0 XML Path:

Error Text: Executing the operation '&OPERATION&' leads to an invalid XML document) )</ERRORTEXT></b>

The same proxy runs fine in upstream system (dev) but doesnot run in downstream system (QA) even though all proxy objects have been transferred.

This proxy & another proxy from the same calling report program is serialized in a queue.The first proxy is raising this error, but the second proxy call is successful.

Can someone help,

Thanks

Prasenjit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasenjit:

This might be due to conversion of data types between XI and ABAP system.. I would recommend you to make the data type as "String" in XI and send it to ABAP Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

All the fields in the data type have string - also this roxy works fine in devpt. system- but it doesnt work in downstream QA system.

Other proxy interfaces in the QA system work fine.

The error message when i single test the proxy is as follows-

- <CX_XMS_SYSTEM_ERROR>

<ID>SERIALIZE_APPLICATION_DATA</ID>

<P1>Request Message</P1>

<P2>CX_ST_INVALID_XML</P2>

<P3>/1SAI/TAS00000000000000000005</P3>

<P4>XML Bytepos.: 0 XML Path: Error Text: Executing the operation '&OPERATION&' leads to an invalid XML document</P4>

<INFO />

<CATEGORY>XIProxy</CATEGORY>

<AREA>ABAP</AREA>

<CX_ST_ERROR>

<ST_PROGNAME>/1SAI/TAS00000000000000000005</ST_PROGNAME>

<X-ML_OFFSET>0</X-ML_OFFSET>

<X-ML_PATH />

<ST_IC>2</ST_IC>

<ST_TIMESTAMP>20070907163313</ST_TIMESTAMP>

</CX_ST_ERROR>

Any other possible solutions ?

thanks

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasenjit

I guess .. If i understood correctly...you are testing the proxy which has some code in the asynchronous method... If you test the proxy in the same way you test but with out code your test will be successful.. But when there is some code present in the method... and if you test your proxy from "SPROXY" it will certainely error out (as far as i know).. since your code is not receiving any data input..

Test with out code from the same place, you will not receive that error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a client proxy- the asynchronous method doesnt have any custom code....is all standard generated code.

Whether testing it from SPROXY or testing it from a program (with data) the same error is received.

Regards

Prasenjit