cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Solution Manager installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install Solution Manager 4.0 on Linux SuSE 10. The installation fails at phase 18 - "Import ABAP".

The error message says "Error occurred while installing.... Log files are written to /tmp/sapinst_instdir/...." and the status window says "Error in execvpS(..../opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java error 13, error text: Permission denied)."

The contents of error log had:

"TRACE [syuxctask.cpp:1079]

CTaskImpl::evaluateRawStatus()

Child terminated abnormally; signal number is 10."

Any idea why this error is happening? What permission could have been denied?

The oracle binaries I downloaded for Linux are for redhat-3, redhat-4, SuSE 9. Installation did not work for my platform (Linux SuSE 10); I have fudge the oracle's runinstaller according to a SAP Note to make the oracle binaries install for SuSE10. (Not sure if this might be causing the above error).

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you execute

/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java -version

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java -version

java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 2.2)

IBM J9SE VM (build 2.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM J9 2.2 Linux amd64-64 j9xa64142-20070708 (JIT enabled)

J9VM - 20070530_2352_LHdSMr

JIT - r7_level20070315_1745)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post the last lines of sapinst_dev.log?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

tail -40 /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/

TRACE [iaxxejsexp.cpp:199]

EJS_Installer::writeTraceToLogBook()

2007-09-07 11:46:01.392 FSPath(/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-42/bin/java) done

INFO 2007-09-07 11:46:01

CJSlibModule::writeInfo_impl()

Output of /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java -classpath migmon.jar -showversion com.sap.inst.migmon.imp.ImportMonitor -dbType ORA -importDirs /SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP1:/SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP2:/SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP3:/SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP4 -installDir /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS -orderBy "" -r3loadExe /usr/sap/SSS/SYS/exe/run/R3load -tskFiles yes -extFiles yes -dbCodepage 4103 -jobNum 3 -monitorTimeout 30 -loadArgs " -stop_on_error" -trace all -sapinst is written to the logfile import_monitor.java.log.

TRACE [syuxctask.cpp:1079]

CTaskImpl::evaluateRawStatus()

Child terminated abnormally; signal number is 10.

TRACE [iaxxejsexp.cpp:199]

EJS_Installer::writeTraceToLogBook()

2007-09-07 11:46:01.426 FSPath(/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java) done

ERROR 2007-09-07 11:46:01

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03010 Execution of the command "/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java -classpath migmon.jar -showversion com.sap.inst.migmon.imp.ImportMonitor -dbType ORA -importDirs /SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP1:/SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP2:/SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP3:/SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP4 -installDir /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS -orderBy "" -r3loadExe /usr/sap/SSS/SYS/exe/run/R3load -tskFiles yes -extFiles yes -dbCodepage 4103 -jobNum 3 -monitorTimeout 30 -loadArgs " -stop_on_error" -trace all -sapinst" finished with status TST_ERROR.

TRACE [iaxxejsbas.hpp:388]

handleException<ESAPinstJSError>()

Converting exception into JS Exception EJSException.

ERROR 2007-09-07 11:46:01

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03010 Execution of the command "/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java -classpath migmon.jar -showversion com.sap.inst.migmon.imp.ImportMonitor -dbType ORA -importDirs /SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP1:/SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP2:/SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP3:/SAP_dvds/SolMan_4_SR2_InstallationExport/EXP4 -installDir /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS -orderBy "" -r3loadExe /usr/sap/SSS/SYS/exe/run/R3load -tskFiles yes -extFiles yes -dbCodepage 4103 -jobNum 3 -monitorTimeout 30 -loadArgs " -stop_on_error" -trace all -sapinst" finished with status TST_ERROR.

TRACE [iaxxejsbas.hpp:460]

EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

JS Callback has thrown unknown exception. Rethrowing.

ERROR 2007-09-07 11:46:01 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:731]

showDialog()

FCO-00011 The step runMigrationMonitor with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_ABAP_Import_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|NW_ABAP_Import|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|runMigrationMonitor was executed with status ERROR .

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:719]

showDialog()

An error occurred while processing service <b>SAP Solution Manager 4.0 Support Release 2 > SAP Systems > Oracle > Central System > Central System Installation</b>. You may now

press Retry to repeat the current step.

press the View Log button to get more information about the error.

stop the task and continue with it later.

Log files are written to /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:1155]

showDialog()

waiting for an answer from gui

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see anything viable in

import_monitor.java.log?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contents of /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/import_monitor.java.log:

Error in execvpS(/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java errno: 13, error text: Permission denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contents of /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/import_monitor.java.log:

Error in execvpS(/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java errno: 13, error text: Permission denied

Do you think, reinstalling a different version of Java might help?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This error message looks really strange.

What did you give as JAVA_HOME?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think I have set a value to JAVA_HOME; but during the installation the GUI asked for the location of Java and I remember pointing it to /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem and it was due to the permissions on the services file. I was running the installation as <sid>adm and that user could not access the services file. I changed the permissions to 755 and it worked.

Also look at the permissions on your Java directory.

If your running your installation as root then the above points are moot!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chengappa Ballachanda

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you read the official installation documentation, it will say, that you NEED to run the installation as user ´root´.

The system bombs out with /opt/.... java - permission denied - so it has something to do with filesystem/execute permission of that PATH.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Marcus,

Agree completely that the installation needs to run as user 'root'.

We've got a policy in place where the SAP Basis team do not actually get access to root, so we specify a user-id which is allowed to sudo to the sapinst script to run as root.

A bit complicated but that's how it is. It still does not explain why my install failed with accessing the services file even though it was running as root but I got over it by changing the permissions.

In this case though it probably is the Java folder. Maybe a chmod -R 777 from the /opt/IBM to see if it fixes the problem.

Chengappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing the permissions to 777 on /opt and /etc/services worked.

Thanks guys.