cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Bucket Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In the past I have always created the storage Bucket profile in day periodicity as this is what clients have required.

In 4.1 I see you can select more than one periodicity, eg, day and week. I would like to use this by always having 6 weeks rolling in days and 20 weeks in weeks. This is for storing data, I just thought this will be more frugal for system memory. In the help it mentions that you can do this, but how do you actually set this up? The help mentions this as an optional setting......?

If there is anybody out there who have used this please let me know.

Cheers

Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ben -

When you are creating the storage bucket profile you are assigning the periods. same periodicities have to be defined in the planning bucket profile. once the forecast run the forecast plan is stored at a level as defined in storage bucket profile. thats the way storage of data works.

hope this helps;

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for all the input. The help through me off course with this one. I will just stick with my normal settings.

Regards

Ben

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

actually, i think its irrelevant for data storage...

Try creating one with months only and ctm/snp will still create orders in daily buckets..

this is only to determine what time buckets are allowed to create the data view.

Its not the same as dp.

The other issue is what time buckets are allowed for time series key figures to store data: such as dynamic safety stock.

Ken Snyder

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure if you are entirely correct in stating that it has implication on system memory.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/d5/1b7539d6d1c93be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Just check the very last sentence in the above link to prove my point.

I would more go by the business requirement before defining the periodicity of the planning area. Eg. do you require forecasting in daily buckets or do you do some daily level tracking etc.

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. I have to disagree Srinivas, if I only select days as my periodicity and I initilise the planning area for a year, then 365 buckets would have been initialised, instead of 52 if I had used weeks, or am I misunderstanding.

Please be aware that I am talking about the storage bucket profile here for a SNP planning area. The lowest peridicity the client requires is a day, which I will set, but I now see that the SAP standard profile includes the weeks ticked, which was never possible. The help also refers to a rolling days period you can set and this is what cannot find. I understand the time bucket profile very well, do you think this is what they are referring to here??

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Ken mentioned, SNP planning area Order Series KF dont use the storage buckets. Only the time series ones do. The Storage bucket profile is a dependency on the planning bucket profile of the Planning Books though. So a Daily bucket in the SBP can create various Planning bucket profiles.

What you say is true for a DP planning area. When you have weeks and days you will have periods of overlaps as well in addition to the smallest bucket.

Am not sure if they really meant to have the reference to the rolling periods there in F1 for Storaege bucket. It looks like something that is meant for Planning bucket profile.