Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM community,

Some questions :

1) If we create a user,how do we prompt a user to change the initial password

2) I have brought in some data into MDM.Now I want to apply my matching strategies on it.When I do it only shows in the top section of the screen.Why

does it not show in the matching tas in the lower half of the screen.My matching,merge tabs in matching mode is empty ?

3) Also for success,it shows some -2345556666 some number ,why ?

4) If I make a field READ only it does not make the field GREY in the data manager.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MDM User,

1) This is currently not possible. The only possibility to change a user password in MDM is within console. a useful workarround could be a simple, selfcoded Java-App that allows/forces users to change their password.

2) To see any result for matching, you've got to run a matching strategy first. The matching screen shows in the upper half all records that fit to your search criteria. If you haven't entered any, you should see all records. Select one or more records and run your matching strategy on them. Then you'll see the results.

The lower half of the screen (where you can find the several tabs) is used for the matching definition, as well as the record merge.

3) Could you specify this in a bit more details?

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And regarding making the field Read Only, it wont affect the data manager, coz Data manager is mainly used for manipulation. That is whatever manipulation needs to be done can be done in Data Manager even if the field is Read only.

Regards

Tejas..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM user

The second point which u are talking about is it something related to import manager .

If so then u must have mapped the fields and as u say it is not showing lower section of the screen that is it is disabled or blank thats bcoz ur database must be empty it may be having all the tables and column names but it may not have any values in it, thats why it is showing blank.

Make sure that ur database is not empty.

Regards

Tejas...............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

What user are u talking about

1) If it is the user who is administering the repositories then the password can be changed, but only at MDM server level it can be done via Console >> menu bar >> MDM server >> change password

2) And if it is the user which u are specifying in the MDM, like the users which will be using MDM that can be done in Console in the appropriate repository in the Admin >> Users there you can manually change the password or else keep the same password fro each and every user.

regards

Tejas ...........