cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPCryptolib question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in the process of designing our SAP implementation and will be storing credit card and social security numbers in our database. We are under the Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations and must encrypt any sensitive customer data.

From the information I have gathered and the SAP tech notes, I can only find that the SAPCryptolib can encrypt the 4 SAP tables (FPLTC, BSEGC, VCNUM, & VCKUN). Unfortunately some additional data that needs to be encrypted may be stored outside of these tables.

Does anyone have any reference information on this or recommendations on what they use to achieve PCI compliance? Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Just for credit card number, maybe the following blog could help.

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/06/enable-credit-card-encryption

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information. From what I gathered, it will only encrypt specific credit cards. I did not see listings for cards such as Diners and others. I am assuming these can be added.

Are there any options to use the SAPCryptolib to encrypt other tables/fields such as writing a custom script or module? Is anyone out there using a third party product to encrypt other data besides credit card information? I have looked at the Paymetric xisecure product, but this is a very expensive option. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

Answers (0)