cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Concept in File to Idoc Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have some doubts in File to Idoc scenarion.......... for sending file i m using Business Service. In adapter specific Identifier i have "FILE".

1. So i hv to configure partner profile with this name.......... M I Right????

2. At my receiver side (R3) i have many ports configured for XI. so which one will be used to post idoc???

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks.......... actually my scenario is suceessfull.

But.......when i go to we02 & check the control record of inbound idoc........... in Partner tab we can see sender port & receiver Port..... now i hv 3 ports configured for XI...... it shows one of them in Receiver Port.........so my doubt is how it choose???

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you configure your Partner profiles the Port details will be set right....

basing on that information the message picks the port

Regards,

Kumar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SenderPort and Receiver Port are automatically filled by XI.

The Sender Port will always be SAPSYSID of XI and receiver port will always be SAPSYSID of R3.

The ports do not matter when posting and Idoc and they are never used in the partner profile inbound entry configuration.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh

- Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But in File to Idoc scenario.....we never give Port in Partner Profile............if i m not wrong

we give process code only.

Thanks,

MAheshwari.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. So i hv to configure partner profile with this name.......... M I Right???? ( LSname)

yes it can be.

2. At my receiver side (R3) i have many ports configured for XI. so which one will be used to post idoc???

On the R/3 Receiver you dnt specify any port on the LS name only the mesage type and process code for the inbound iDOC.

On the iDOC reciver adapter you will use the Port created in IDX1 in XI.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. So i hv to configure partner profile with this

> name.......... M I Right????

U are correct. You need to create a Logical System Name on R3 for this in BD54 and then add the inbound partner profile entry in We20.

> 2. At my receiver side (R3) i have many ports

> configured for XI. so which one will be used to post

> idoc???

As it is a File to Idoc, ports on R3 do not matter. You need to create a port in IDX1 in XI.

Regards

Bhavesh